xx. REAL LIFE

REAL LIFE
At the Airport

Joanna sat down in the airport, her foot tapping irritatingly on the floor in front of her

Joanna sat down in the airport, her foot tapping irritatingly on the floor in front of her. One of her hands was rested in her hair, twiddling the blonde strands around her pointer finger in frustration. Every now and then, her eyes would move from the time on her phone to the digits printed on the large screen above her – the ones that told her what time the plane was landing. Seeing she was at least twenty minutes away from seeing the tall ginger (and the small bat kid), she groaned in annoyance and rolled her eyes.

Her eyes glanced back down to her phone, quickly typing in her pass code to unlock the device. She needed to pass time, and so tapped on the little blue icon that took her to her tumblr. She spent only a few minutes scrolling through her dash, liking and reblogging countless memes – mainly Marvel ones because she lived for the Avengers. But boredom instantly took over, so she went to the search bar.

Cameron Monaghan

She typed his name into the bar, bringing up the tag she already followed. She scrolled through all the gifs his fans would blog, liking and saving the majority of them. She reached a cute one from Shameless; one of him and Noel Fisher with a little baby. Joanna grinned and cooed at the moving picture, saving it as her heart turned to goo.

Again, Jo quickly grew bored. She quit the app, ready to open Wattpad and read some cute Jerome Valeska fluff (or perhaps angst, she wasn't entirely sure). However, the soft buzzing of her phone stopped her. She'd received a new text.

One new message from: Cameron 💖

She quickly opened the message, in a rush to read what he had text. She hadn't even registered that in order to have messaged her in the first place, he must have landed.

Cameron 💖
You're coming to get me? That's cute, see you in a few minutes x

Joanna jumped to her feet, and sped through the airport. She had to get to the arrivals and she had to get there quick. Her sandals clacked against the glossy floor as she rushed to the place she needed to be. She went as fast as her little legs could carry her, her blonde hair fanning out behind her.

When she finally arrived, she heaved in a giant breath, trying to catch the oxygen she was missing. Her eyes darted around the open space, trying to clock the sweeping mass of orange hair amongst all the plain and boring people. She started to grow frustrated again when she realised he wasn't there. He had to have been there. He'd text her, which means he had landed. So why wasn't he with the other arrivals?

Jo groaned out loud in frustration, the growl rumbling in her throat. "C'mon, where the fuck are you?"

"Right here," came the voice she had been waiting to hear.

The blonde spun on her heels to face him. The sneaky git had hidden behind her, a giant grin on his face. Joanna threw her arms around the ginger, a small laugh emerging from her lips. "I can't believe you're actually here, oh my god."

Cameron laughed softly, the sound muffled by her hair covering his face. His arms wrapped around her tiny frame, and they felt exactly as Jo had imagined. He squeezed her gently before setting her free and smiling shyly at her.

Jo chuckled, tucking her hair behind her ears as she tucked her phone into her pocket. "It's good to see you," she grinned at him.

"You too," he responded.

A gentle and comfortable silence followed. One where they just looked at each other, not knowing where to go from here. How was a conversation about a possible relationship supposed to go down? Neither of them had a clue.

Thankfully, they were saved the trouble of mulling it over any longer. An irritated cough sounded from beside them, forcing their heads around to face the sound.

David looked at his two friends, an eyebrow raised and his arms crossed. "You want to tell me what that was all about?"

Jo scrunched her face up in mock consideration, "No, not really."

Cam laughed, "Wait til you're older, kid."

David raised his other eyebrow, so that they were on an equal level, "Tell me. And tell me quickly."

When he was faced with silence from both young adults, his features softened. His arms dropped to his sides as his mouth fell open. The teen pointed an accusatory finger at the two of them, "Are you... Are you together?"

Both Cam and Jo shrugged their shoulders at the question, "I mean, strictly speaking, no," Jo hesitated, thinking over her words carefully, "We have a long conversation to have before that happens."

The ginger nodded in agreement, "But hopefully, yes," he dared to add, sending a sneaky smile Joanna's way. He wasn't afraid to admit that he wanted this to become something a little more than "mutual crushing".

"I can't believe nobody told me this," David whispered. He shook his head in disbelief, as if he was their disappointed father. "I mean, really. Somebody should have told me."

Joanna scoffed at the boy's words, "Honestly, we haven't told anybody yet."

"With the exception of about three people," Cam added.

Jo turned to face him with a questioning look on her face, "Three?" She queried, "Who else did you tell?"

"Well, you told Katelyn and Cam, right?" Jo nodded in confirmation, "I told Noel. But only because he knew something was up."

Joanna squealed in glee, "I am perfectly okay with that, I adore Noel Fisher, and I haven't even met him."

"Maybe soon," Cameron suggested with a shy laugh.

"Ugh," David groaned, "You two already make me sick. Jo, hurry up and take us back to your place so I can avoid you for the rest of the weekend."

With an exasperated laugh, Joanna nodded, grabbing one of Cam's and one of David's bags in each hand. "Okay," she sighed dramatically, "If I must."

[aye, a long chapter, whoop. go me. hope this was okay. really just wanted to get that awkward first seeing each other thing. I'm thinking the next chapter (or perhaps couple of) will be irl because it'll be my two faves defining what they have. plus the Talking Dead episode. because that'll be cute]

[also: OMG THANK YOU FOR 1K MY DUDES. IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOU. I LOVE YOU ALL]