The Sorting Ceremony

A witch in emerald green robes appeared, Mickie glanced at Harry, who was looking at her jeans "do I look like I care?" Mickie's face said, Harry rolled his eyes as they walked inside and waited for their name to be called, Mickie would be the last of them to be sorted due to her surname:

"Granger, Hermione"

"GRYFFINDOR!"

"Malfoy, Draco"

"GRYFFINDOR!"

"Potter, Harry"

"...GRYFFINDOR!"

"Shinoda, Michaela"

Mickie caused a stir when she walked up still in her black jeans and black sneakers, not that she was bothered as she stuck her headphones in "hmm...a creative mind...love of music...a disregard for what others think...ah, yes...I know now...GRYFFINDOR!"

Mickie head and saw Harry's grin whens he walked down listening to this:

Mickie ignored most of the sorting until food came, she loved a good meal, but it wasn't the same without the laughter of her father, Chester, Joe, Dave, Brad and Rob. They always teased her and wound her up during her meals until Mike had to stop the others and Mickie from changing and biting Rob the last time. But they loved her regardless, Mickie missed her dad already. She wished she didn't have to be in this crummy, smelly, damp old castle for school.

"What's wrong, Mick? You look like you're gonna cry" Draco said "I-I just miss my dad, Dray. I miss my uncles, I just miss my life" she sobbed, letting the tears fall from her eyes as the next song on her iPod was Linkin Park Castle of Glass, the song she'd first sang with her Uncle Chester on stage while her father was playing the keyboard. When that had finished, Mike had ran around his board and lifted Mickie in the air, hugging her with tears of joy streaming down his face.

"Nice to know you miss your family, I don't" Harry said as Mickie calmed down a little so she could eat a cheeseburger "why's that?" Mickie asked, but she had a hunch Harry had suffered the similar abuse that her Uncle Chester suffered when he was around their age "they-they're re-really awful to me" Harry admitted "Harry, there's people who can help you with this kind of thing. My Uncle Chester regrets not telling his dad about him being sexually abused as a kid and only just told him a few months ago" she said.

Harry gave a smile "thanks, Mick. Maybe I can talk to a teacher" Mickie nodded "that's what they're here for as well, Harry. Not only to teach us, but to also help us with life" she said, that was what her tutor had said. When she was with her father, Mickie had been home schooled after the amount of bullying she'd had to endure and Anna hadn't done anything about that. Mike took matters into his own hands and took her out of school, getting a tutor and taking her on tour with Linkin Park. If Mickie did well in her lessons, she was allowed to perform with her family, if she'd not done well, Mike would help her as best he could after the shows had finished.

Mickie, Harry, Hermione and Draco went up to Gryffindor Tower with the rest of their year and led by their prefect, Percy Weasley. The redhead Mickie had growled at had been his youngest and attention-seeking brother, Ronald. Mickie mostly got on with the girls in her dorm, but Lavender Brown sneered at her for wearing pants instead of a skirt "bad memories" was all Mickie said when Padma Patil asked her, the pain in Mickie's voice told Padma the whole story.