02

It's been a week since the night at the diner.

Jeongguk ended up doing really well on his exam, and his professor even called him after the lecture to congratulate him on getting one of the best grades in the class. Jeongguk has been such in a great mood since then, he completely forgot about having gone to the diner and meeting Taehyung.

He couldn't wait to go visit his mom and tell her about his exam; it always made her so happy when he got good grades. Jeongguk boarded the bus and sat down. A man next to him had a styrofoam cup of coffee in his hand, and Jeongguk was instantly reminded of the diner, of Taehyung. Maybe he'd tell his mom about him.

The bus finally stopped in front of Seoul Hospital, and Jeongguk made his way through the doors and to the elevator. His hands started sweating, he hated hospitals, even more so when his mom was currently a patient in the hospital. The elevator came to a halt, and Jeongguk stepped off, making his way to his mother's room.

When he walked in, his mother was unconscious, as always, but that never stopped Jeongguk from talking to his mother, telling her about everything going on in his life at the moment. She could hear him, he knew she could.

He held her hand in his as he spoke to his mom about his entire week, starting with his exam results, and then he started telling her about the night at the diner.

"So anyway, Hoseok was being his usual party animal self, and I ended up finding a small diner to study at instead. The waiter there was just, exquisite. He was so handsome and brooding, it made my knees weak. I have no idea how to explain, I just know that he's gonna mean something to me someday, Mom. Although, I don't think he likes me very much. He was a bit rude that night. Something about how I like bitter coffee. I got that from you, ya know?", Jeongguk smiles fondly at his mother and he so badly wishes she would just open her eyes and smile her beautiful smile back at him. Oh, how he misses her precious smile.

He sighed heavily and stood up, leaning down to press a kiss against his mom's forehead before assuring her that he'll be here the same time next week, and that he loves her dearly.

Jeongguk trudged out of the hospital; he always ends up getting emotional. He comes here happy to see his mom, and talk to her, but his heart breaks at the fact that she still hasn't woken up; that she can't scold him for not eating properly, or give him advice when he needs it. Things just weren't the same, and Jeongguk was afraid they never would be again.

He didn't even know where he was going, his feet were moving on their own accord, seeing as Jeongguk was lost in his thoughts.

Jeongguk doesn't know how long he walked for, all he knows is that he somehow found himself in front of Route 66, the same diner he was at a week ago.

He checked the time on his watch that read 11:36pm. Had it really been that late? He should probably head home, Hoseok would get worried if he stayed out too late. But he caught a glimpse of black hair and decided he could go in for at least a while. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and to text Hoseok that he would be home in an hour tops while pushing the door open.

Ding!

Taehyung's head turned to the direction of the door to see who was coming in, and a scowl immediately made its way onto his face when he saw who it was. The kid from last week. He hurried to the kitchen and saw his co-worker and close friend, Jimin, making the diner's signature milkshakes.

"Jimin-ah, you know I love you right?" Taehyung asked in a sweet voice.

Jimin's head snapped up and his eyes narrowed at Taehyung in suspicion. "What do you want this time, Tae?"