Chapter 1

If I didn't throw up my eggs and toast on this commute to work, it would be a miracle.

Because let's be real, New York City is scary when you're on your own. Sure, it had always been my favorite city, and it still is. But every time I had stepped foot on this crazy island of Manhattan, I had my mom or dad with me, acting as a sort of 'security blanket'. Now that I had landed my first 'big girl' job (or internship, if we're being technical), it was me versus NYC for the next three months.

Not only that, but today was the first day of said internship at Boneau/Bryan-Brown, or BBB, one of the leading Press Representatives for Broadway shows. To most people, that means just about nothing. To me, that meant that I would get to spend the next three months building relationships with the actors and actresses that I had admired for years, do small tasks to get the word out about new Broadway shows, attending photo shoots, press events, and even the Tony's (yes, THE TONY'S). My inner broadway nerd was completely satisfied, to say the least.

But don't get me wrong- I was still equal parts excited and terrified. But right now, the 'terrified' part was taking over.

It was a two-block walk from my subway stop to the office I'd call 'work' for the next three months. The weather today was beautiful-- since it was only early May, it wasn't too cold or too hot. I found myself constantly fixing my ombre hair, which I had just cut to right below my shoulders the week before I moved here, or smoothing out my navy blue fitted blazer and white top (business casual, anyone?).

I still could not believe that I was here. My entire life, I had been the nerdy girl who had a Broadway reference for any given situation. High school dances were always awkward, as they played songs like Despacito instead of the Newsies soundtrack (even though I definitely suggested 'Carrying the Banner' to the DJ). Going to a small school, not many people shared my love of all things Broadway, and college wasn't much better. But I always knew that if I worked my butt off in college and proved myself, I'd somehow make it here-- 'here' being an industry full of people who loved Broadway as much as I do. All of the hard work of portfolio pieces and presentations and public relations campaigns had paid off, I suppose. But now, I was ready to work even harder.

There was no telling who I would run into on the job. BBB works with dozens of musicals at any given time, including Waitress, Once on this Island, Spongebob Squarepants, and most recently, Mean Girls. My heart fluttered at the thought of even being in the presence of the Mean Girls cast. There wasn't too much time to dwell on these exciting thoughts at the moment, as I now found myself standing outside the office of BBB.

Taking one last deep breath, I pulled the door open and stepped inside. 

A/N: Hello friends! I figured that the world needed more Ben Tyler Cook fics, so I decided to write one. I can't wait to see where this takes me