chapter nine; 11 years

11 years later;

"it's xfactor day honey!" anne beams to her now sixteen year old son who was still asleep. he groans not giving a damn as he sways her away, "let me sleep mum."

she laughs and grabs him by his arm, "no can do harry, today's where your dreams come true."

harry rolls his eyes but still manages to smile at his mum. he leans over at her and plants a kiss on her cheek, "i hope so."

harry had always had a passion for singing. he currently was in a small band at school called white eskimo. he was a singer and most people would compliment him on his strong and beautiful voice. so his mother signed him up for xfactor. maybe he could become a world known singer, she hoped.

his mum left shortly leaving harry by himself. he sighs really nervous about today as it would set his entire future. he really hoped he could impress the judges today.

looking around his room anxiously, trying to grasp the little bit of confidence he still had in himself, his eyes rest on a picture on the far corner. his lips twitch into a smile as small memories hit him.

he certainly had not forgotten about his friend from a small age. although his name did seem to get jumbled in his head, he never forgot the time they spent together.

he gets up from his position on the bed and walks over to the picture flipping it around. in child-like writing it still said;

never forget me, your friend l.t

l.t? he did not remember his name at all. but that must stand for his initials, harry would conclude. but honestly it had been such a long time now that he could not quite remember. 11 years to be exact.

he sighs placing the picture down. he could worry about it later because today would be the day that would mark his future. then again, he began to think, maybe his picture would bring him good luck.

so without another thought, he stuffed the picture inside his pocket. he hoped l.t brought good luck to him.

he got ready as quickly as possibly, the nerves killing him slowly. he was worried what the judges would think but he was more so worried about the competition.

he did not think he was that good of a singer but most thought that he was. he just hoped he would impress the judges.

on their way to the studio where the auditions were being held, anne stops by a fast food restaurant buying food for harry to consume. although it was 10am , harry munched on a burger as anne drove.

"mum, i'm not going to work on saturday," harry says with food in his mouth, "band practice."

anne nods mentally writing it down. her bakery had become a huge success by the way. her cupcakes were the best in town and so were her cookies. harry would work their occasionally as he tried to save up for a few things he wanted to buy.

"okay baby," anne says making harry scrunch his nose. not particularly because of the petname that his mum had used but instead it was because anne had turned and was already looking for a parking space.

they were there.

harry suddenly began to feel nauseous. regret came over his body, he should have waited to eat the food. at least until he had already performed. anne noticed the state he was in and told him that they just needed to get signed in and he could head to the loo if he needed to.

he agreed and lucky for him, the registration was faster than he expected. could be because of how late they were when they had to be already signed in by nine. he was plastered a series of numbers on his chest before anne instructed him to head to the bathroom.

he felt like he could possibly not make it though as he put his hands over his mouth leaning over as he rushed to find the bathrooms. he manages to finally find them and enters without hesitation.

but he didn't realize somebody was coming out at the time sending him to fall directly onto his bum. everything he held inside him thrown all over the floor.

"oops," the guy says kneeling down to help harry. he does not wince once when he spots the vomit as he had just done so as well. he was also really nervous.

"h-hi?" was all harry said in embarrassment. because his eyes met with the stranger's eyes and he was immediately captivated. they were so blue. so bright blue. he was breathtaking, harry thought. and he had just made a fool out of himself.

"let me help you," he says extending his hand so harry could grasp it. only when harry grabbed it he felt a slight shock run through his body. the guy senses it too and looks down at the mess harry had done. he then spots something that fortunately had not been contaminated and reaches down.

"here i think you dropped—" he stops mid-sentence as he takes a look at the picture. he gasps flipping it around as he traces the letters behind. harry looked at him weirdly as he takes ahold of the picture, "thanks."

the guy then wraps his arms around harry's torso not caring about the vomit stains on harry's shirt. harry pushed him away with one question in his head. although he had sort of figured it out by now. those eyes could not be forgotten quite easily.

"who are you?" he says but really means it more as a clarification.

"it's me! louis!" he shouts happily to have finally met up with his childhood friend. harry begins to smile because all these years he had been beating himself trying to remember his name. but how could he forget the name of such beauty?

"louis oh god i missed you!" harry says. louis nods as well taking a look at harry. truth was, he knew he looked familiar when he saw him on the ground. nobody could forget such a clumsy five year old. even if he had grown and all.

and his lips. oh god. they were still plumped and pink. just so kissable. but louis controlled himself. he was not a kid anymore. he remembered though the small kisses they shared at the small age though.

"you carry the picture too?" louis suddenly asks. he reaches for his pocket and takes out a white folded up picture. unfolding it, harry realizes that louis was carrying the very same picture they had taken on their last day together. this was too good to be true.

"i figured you'd be my good luck charm," harry laughs scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"guess it worked because it led me to you," louis smiles wrapping his arms around harry again into a hug. because maybe this time he did not want harry to go away.

so they met up again .. it's been 11 years so harry is sixteen and louis is now eighteen x