Nameless Chapter

A/N: Gosh, I haven't updated this in ages. Just decided to do so... One chapter.... For now :] 

Enma took a step to the side as soon as the younger girl disappeared, reaching out seemingly into nowhere and bringing the figure down to the ground.

"I have to say, that was rather impressive," Enma said, pinning her down in an arm lock with the blade behind her back. "Your talent is actually starting to irk me to a point no one has gotten to before."

Was that horror in Miyanna's eyes? Enma wasn't paying attention, but she saw a flash of thought cloud them for just a moment.

"You're the one who managed to stop it when even Kei couldn't."

"Comes with practice. I know you can't actually disappear, Placebo Child."

"Don't call me that!"

"Calling someone by their name personalizes them, and I envy you with a burning jealousy. If I were to call you by your name," Enma paused in deep thought, a hand clamped across the lower half of her face to hide her expression. "...I would have guilty second thoughts in regards to many, many things."

Miyanna's gaze darted from Enma to Keisari, and back again as she opened her mouth and closed it with the lack of words. Enma chuckled.

"Even lying down on the ground defeated and gawking like a goldfish, you look like a fairy. Anyway, you can merely move in short bursts, faster than the human eye can recognize. Eyes connected to brains like his, anyway," she angled her chin in Keisari's direction. "Of course, I'll also have to let Chrome know that Kagari's greatest achievement so far as a college student is that one time when he bravely raised his fists against a sixteen year old girl and narrowly escaped a certain death."

She gave Miyanna a pointed wink, and Keisari grimaced in response.

"It's Keisari!"

"I bit my tongue."

"No, it was intentional."

"I bith my tongh!"

"Either way, there's no need to exaggerate the story like that!"

"I'm not exaggerating, I'm merely saying what my sources have told me." She replied steadily, releasing her hold on Miyanna's prone body. "Now, what was it you wanted to 'talk' about again?"

Miyanna stood up, her lips pursed.

"It's about Slade and the threat this morning. Instead of surrendering — "

"I never saw you like this to start with, but you're strangely quite stubborn. But I'll let it slip this time, since it might be a gene that runs in Kisagi's family. Maybe I'll get Chrome or Arun to investigate sometime, but I digress," she cleared her throat. "No organization has any intention of surrendering to Slade. I've personally seen to the arrangement of military units that will stop Slade in his very tracks if he so much as decides to take a wrong step. Units from all syndicates."

 "That's great!" She let out a breath of relief. "After that... Oh, hey. You must be Chrome."

"Yeah," Chrome simply responded.

"How long have you been there?" Keisari blinked a few times, just beginning to notice the boy's figure facing them all from the hallway.

"Long enough." A scoff coated the retort, and Chrome curled a hand of fingers around Enma's collar. Then, the other around Keisari's. "Out, both of you. Miyanna, entertain yourself for a while."

Enma began to open her mouth in protest, but closed it due to better ideas. She scowled evidently, arms crossed as they headed towards the stairs. A lone light flckered in the distance, approximately a floor or so above them, and cast eerie shadows across the hallway floor.