Prologue

Just one hit at Jojo's chest, and his life was finally over. The kid didn't scream, even.
Kars walked slowly towards Stroheim to meet his look of terror and pure disgust.
He looked down on him.
"Any last words?" He asked.
The Nazi closed his eyes.
"More than enough Stroheim. It was nice to meet you."
With his wrist blade, Kars cut off the cyborg's head. Now it was really over. His old companions were avenged.
"There's one last thing to do..." the god thought.
He placed his hand on the ground. With a deep breath, a wave of Hamon got inside the volcano. Quickly after wings of raven sprouted out of Kars' back, he flied away as he watched the volcano erupting and collapsing.
"Now this is a perfect start!" He said to himself.
He was going to be humanity's new God. Showing to all of them what they were dealing with and what could happen if they dared to step out of line was just natural.
But there were so many humans, what if one day they would gather all togheder to stop him? Sure, it would be fun killing all the rebels, but he had to find a more efficient way.
He remembered what he and Esidisi did to their kind.
"Perfect" He tought.
Kars then quickly flied where the other humans were, he would start his new path with their death.

Kars was sitting at the top of a hight statue, he was watching the sun rising up. The statue was made from the finest of gold, and it represented Kars himself, in all of his glory.

 The statue was made from the finest of gold, and it represented Kars himself, in all of his glory

He smiled. Even if centuries passed since he used the Red Stone, he still couldn't believe he was finally able to walk under the sunlight.
Sometimes he would catch himself daydreaming about what could've happen if Esidisi and the others were still alive. His mate would've cried so much at first, and then he would've tested out all of his new abilities, turning into every type of chimera he could've thought of.
Whamuu would've used his powers just when it was really necessary and as long as his uselessly complicated honor code wasn't in the way.
But thinking about them too much was so painful for the Ultimate Being, it was the best for him and his children if he started to live in the present and not in the past.
His thoughts were interrupted by a cought. "My Lord, I'm sorry if I disturbed you, but the Ceremony is about to start." A young-sounding voice said.
"Thank you, my child. You may go now" Kars responded, dismissing the kid.
His child was right, he had to get prepared. After all, a God can't be late for the anniversary of his ascension.

The city square was chock full of people, some were talking to eachother, other were eating the food from the stands, a few people had their eyes glued to the platform.
After some minutes of impatient waiting, a lively monk came out of the church's portal, he held on his right hand a microphone.
"Today, brothers and sisters," the man spoke "marks the first millennia after our god Kars decided to live on Earth with us! Think about it, it feels like it was only yesterday since his arrival... but enough beating around the bush, here he comes, the greatest of all... KARS!"
As soon as the God stepped out, a choir of happy screams and singing lifted in the air. The few who weren't chanting: "All hail to Kars, the God of all te good things in the world!" were throwing at him flowers, jewelery (trying, of course, to not hit him on the head), books and other important objects.
But Kars was feeling... different. All of his children were full of joy from seeing him, he could tell it, but why wasn't he happy too? Or at the very least, amused by their blind love for him?
Something wasn't right. After the Ceremony, he was going to figure out what was happening to him.

Kars slowly stood up, the room was enveloped in darkness, and even he didn't know how many women (dead or asleep) were lying around.
He quietly leaved the room, and then he ran to the mirror one.
The mirror room had it's name thanks for a big mirror, that was placed here to replace a broken wall.
Kars watched his refletion: there was nothing wrong about it, his body (without counting the times he trasformed) never changed, he was the same Kars that used the Stone mask on his remaining people after the genocide, he was the same Kars that became the Ultimate Lifeform and killed that brat of a Jojo was, he looked like the same Kars who almost wiped out the human race, leaving babies and children being take care of by his clones, while the few adults who remained were used for building the city and the statue. So what was that feeling? What was happening to him?!

He looked around, what was he thinking? There was nothing wrong, he was okay, it was the work of his repressed emotions. He just had to take a break from all of this "Omnipotence" stuff, and then he would feel okay again.
The man took a deep breath, he wanted to take a long, hot bath. But as soon as he turned his head and took a few stepts foward, he heard a familiar voice.
"Work issues we're havin' here, amiright?"
Kars rushed to the mirror, behind him there was Jojo.
"What are you doing here kid?" Kars hissed.
"Eh, just wanderin' around. I had plenty of free time after you killed me, I saw you did lotsa of bad things to me and my species."
"Who do you think you are?"
"Jojo. I'm pretty sure it's my name."
The god was losing his patience. Seeing him after a so many years was hard to tolerate alone, hearing him speak was enough for him.
"Anyways, you're goin' bananas Kars, you ain't gonna feel better if you continue to hold up that 'Divinity' thing. Y'know?"
"Shut up..."
"Dude, I'm like ten feet away from ya'. I can't-"
"I SAID SHUT UP!" Kars cried, throwing a stone at the mirror. The object broke in thousands of pieces, that fell off everywhere in the room.
Moments later Kars realized what he had just done: he made Jojo disappear! Now he wasn't going to appear anymore! What was he thinking in that moment? He looked for a corner to stay and he dtarted to cry and rock gently.
He finally understood: he was bad! It was all his fault if everything was horrible! If he wasn't born in the first place, nothing of all of this mess would have appened! His race would've still exist! Humanity would've been sane, and not indoctrinated to worship him as a god!
He wasn't a god, he was Lucifer. Jojo was God and he was Lucifer.
And in their last battle, he won.

---

Ehi! Questo è un regalo per @fyeahkars (una ragazza su tumbrl), aveva fatto una serie di disegni che rappresentavano un AU dove Kars vinceva e diventava un dio venerato dagli uomini, ma lui non è soddisfatto da tutto questo e impazzisce. Pensavo che sarebbe stato carino fare una fic su questo AU.

Idea e disegni sono di @fyeahkars su tumbrl, il suo profilo dove pubblica disegni è @larinart (sempre su tumbrl)

[Howdy! This is a gift for fyeahkars (a girl on tumbrl), she did some drawing about an AU where Kars won and he became a god worshipped by humanity, but he still wasn't satisfied and in the end he has a breakdown. I thought it would be nice if I made a fic about this AU.

AU idea and drawing made by fyeakars on tumbrl! If you want to check her art profile, search for larinart (still on tumbrl)]

Ciao!