Chapter 4: Ms. Pluto

3rd person p.o.v.

Mr

Mr. Mars turned around and narrowed his eyebrows at the young star that spoke against him. She stood there, looking into his eyes, not willing to look away.

"Yes, Mr. Mars. Listen, you have to stop doing that! Just because she is late and that she is a freshman, that doesn't mean you can take an advantage of her!" The young maiden yelled.

Starlight looked at the star who was yelling in disbelief. "How is she able to stand against him?" Starlight thought. Well apparently, the only seat available was next to the yelling star.

"Well..." Starlight thought. After a long session of yelling and quarreling with the teacher, Mr. Mars gave up and decided to give Starlight 50 star points, or SP for "thinking outside of the box"

The yelling star sat down and plastered on a genuine smile. "Hi! My name is Glimmer Meteor. What's your name?" Glimmer asked in a welcoming manor.

Starlight smiled, "My name is Starlight Shinning

Starlight smiled, "My name is Starlight Shinning. Thanks for standing up for me earlier. You helped me earn some um, SP?" Glimmer paused, "Oh right, your new here. So let me explain, SP are points you earn during your classes. Either for answering bonus questions or completing tests."

"Every 300 SP you'll be a rank higher and once you are at rank 30 or higher, you get to live on Earth for a year! I mean, Starlight, think about it, re-living life!" Glimmer continued gleefully.

Starlight's eyes widened, "So that's the point of Space University, to re- live life?" Glimmer nodded. It was time for today's EL lesson. The girls turned towards the board.

During EL Starlight noticed the star she bumped into sneaking looks at her. Her cheeks turned a shade of light pink.

After EL, there was the English or the language that would be your first on Earth, but English was a required class.

Teaching English was Ms.Pluto. "Hello, class and welcome to the first day of school for some of you. Today, we are going back to the basics and learning the English alphabet." She said.

"First, is the letter A

"First, is the letter A. I'm sure you all know I the alphabet but I'm supposed to teach this so I can get my monthly payment as a teacher here."

The class laughed at her words and she continued to teach.

Starlight was seated next to Glimmer. "She's one of the nicest teachers at SU." Glimmer whispered to her. Starlight nodded. Ms.Pluto was her favorite teacher so far.

Suddenly, a short star bursted into the class. "Uh, miss! Do you know where the Japanese class is?" The star asked. Ms.Pluto gave her a warm smile and said, " right down hallway B and it's the last classroom to the left.

The star thanked her, "Arigatou!" And left. Ms.Pluto continued teaching.

Then, the third bell rang, lunch.
Starlight came out of the classroom and what she was greeted by was completely unexpected.

It was the star she had bumped into earlier.

He held out a hand to her, "Hello, Starlight, I'll tell you my name now. It's-"

His words were cut off by a familiar high pitched laugh.