Chapter Four: Who's The Bad Guy Now

Dear diary,

Today something strange happened again. As you know er, you don't, this stranger walked up to me and wanted to talk to me, not to mention that he knew my biggest secret. I got the text from -C and as soon as that man saw the text he disappeared. I don't know if -C is bad and I don't know if -C is a part of their sacrifice group, but I do know that I am in more danger then I think I am. Aunt Jenna is nowhere to be found and no one is giving me my daily blood which is making me thirstier than ever.

Kayleigh takes a deep breath and closes her diary. My life is a such big mess that I can't even remember the good times. She misses Jenna and April. She received a text message yesterday.

Miss Kayleigh Gray.

Your teachers worry about you. We all agreed to give you a second chance. If we do not see you in your class tomorrow, you will be asked to start packing your stuff and leave the school and dorm.

Kayleigh decides to attend that nightmare of a school. I'm totally wearing my black top with my cute red skirt. Today is the day for a bad ass look. When she finishes changing clothes, she walks out of her room and closes her door which isn't going to help because -C already has her room keys. She walks to her class with her head down and her vampire fangs aching for blood. The first class was basically about how to control your hunger. Since Jenna taught her that at an early age, Kayleigh doesn't want to go but she has to go. She arrives to the class and sits down on the best seat she spots, in a right corner in the back of the class.   "Excuse me lady? Who do you think you are?" a boy says a couple minutes later standing in front of the desk where Kayleigh was sitting. She looks at him surprised. She could feel other students's eyes staring at her like she murdered someone. "First of all my name is Kayleigh. Second if this is your seat find, another one," she says with a sweet smile. The students turn away awkwardly. The boy laughs a bit and says, "Do you really want to ruin your first day princess? Oh I forgot, you had more important things to do than to come to the first day of school." All the class heard that and Kayleigh is ready to bet that the principle heard it too. "Austin leave her alone," a blonde girl says smiling sweetly towards Kayleigh. "Whatever," Austin says as he waits for Kayleigh to get up. She doesn't get up so he decides to sit next to her. "You're lucky today," he whispers with a smirk as the teacher walks into the class. "Is that so?" Kayleigh whispers back as all the class stands up in respect. Yeah right, the only stand up because they have to. "Hello class, my name is Mrs. Elena if you still didn't memorize my name or come the first day of school," she glares at Kayleigh as she puts her papers on her table, "And if would be amazing if you young lady and you Austin stop you're little love talk right now." Kayleigh feels herself blush and Austin looks away awkwardly. I deserve an award of making the most enemies in a minute. Mrs. Elena starts the lesson and keeps calling out on Kayleigh every time she drifts away in a daydream or she starts counting down the minutes to the end of the lesson. Half way through the lesson, Austin scribbles something down on his notebook and pokes her. Kayleigh turns annoyingly and finds his sea green eyes locked on her big navy blue eyes. He slips the paper into her hand and turns back and stares at the board blankly. Kayleigh opens the paper under the table to find these three words written in a messy cursive way.

What r u?

Kayleigh takes out the only blue pen she finds and replies neatly.

A vamp, wbu?

She puts the paper in Austin's hand as he closes his hand around hers. "Young lady, if you keep interrupting my lesson with your love talk and holding hands with Austin then leave my class," Mrs. Elena says bitterly. Kayleigh drops the paper into Austin's palm as he lets go of her hand. The rest of the day was a nightmare, she is stuck with the class's bad boy, Austin, for the rest of the day.