Chapter 1 (there is only one chapter XD)

s Starlight Glimmer fixed her mane in front of her bedroom mirror, Trixie sat on the edge of the bed with a sigh. She rubbed the fabric of her cape together in thought.

"Do you think Trixie is important?" Trixie asked. "Like... if Twilight Sparkle reallyneeded someone important, Trixie would be the first she'd summon?"

Starlight set the mane brush down and stared at Trixie through the mirror. "Maybe after she called the Elements of Harmony... and Spike... and myself... and the Princesses... and her brother. But after all those ponies? Sure. I think you'd eventually get a telegram in the mail."

Trixie nodded solemnly. Then perked right back up as someone yelled for her.

"Trixie!" Twilight Sparkle from somewhere downstairs screamed. "Come to the kitchen right this very instant!"

Trixie's eyes widened in happiness. "You hear that, Starlight? Twilight needs me! Trixie is necessary!" And after rising off the bed, she added: "What a great t-shirt slogan that would make!"

As Trixie ran from the room and down the spiralling staircase, Starlight followed close behind; something in Twilight's ear-piercing scream had put her on edge.

"Care to explain?" Twilight asked Trixie the moment they arrived. Twilight, along with Spike, sat at the kitchen table hardly moving. They both sat there like lifeless planks of wood.

Trixie, somehow, hadn't noticed that. "Care to explain Trixie's world famous lukewarm tea recipe? But of course! Anything for Twilight Sparkle! First, Trixie starts with a good old-fashioned rain dance. Everypony knows the best water for tea comes from the sky-"

"Care to explain that?" Twilight cut in coldly, angling her head just the slightest of degrees to her right.

Trixie's original smile vanished as she followed Twilight's eyes, all the way to the tall, insect-like black figure currently pressed tight against the wall with a playful grin. Something thin and yellow swayed back and forth around its neck.

Trixie tried to remain helpful. Somewhat.

She whispered to Twilight, "That's Queen Chrysalis. She tried to crash your brother's wedding a few years ago. She's a changeling. That means-"

"I know what being a changeling means!" Twilight barked in return. "Back to my original question: care to explain just whythat particular changeling is here? More importantly: why she's huddled in the corner of my very own kitchen pretending like she's not even there?"

Trixie took a moment. Then she chuckled uneasily. "What makes you think this has anything to do with Trixie?"

Twilight glared at her. "Perhaps the necklace around Chrysalis' neck? The one with the price tag still on it; the one from a seller called 'Trixie Corp'? Honestly, I thought you got rid of all those magical artifacts of yours. Especially after that nasty amulet business."

Trixie couldn't meet her eyes anymore. "Well, perhaps when you said 'get rid' of all those terrible artifacts, Trixie instead 'hid' all those artifacts. From you, mostly." A short pause. "Okay, just you."

The growl deep in Twilight's throat made Trixie think of more to say.

"But... what Trixie actually means..." Trixie sputtered out, "is that Trixie really had no choice in the matter! Five times Chrysalis came to buy something from Trixie, always spouting the same line: 'Give us whatever it will take to finally defeat Twilight Sparkle and her big purple face!' And every time she came in a new disguise. Once with an eyepatch. Once with a fake goatee. And that last time with two eyepatches and a fake goatee. Trixie felt sort of bad for her. So eventually Trixie sold her the Necklace of Invisibility."