Chapter 23: Road Trip

Sam's POV

  The school day went by much quicker than I thought. All of my classes seemed easier than usual. Today I was just doing placement testing to see if I should be put into higher classes. In other words I just sat in a room with a computer for the majority of the day, except for lunch and my electives. I would occasionally see Mulder and Dana in the halls, other than that, I didn't see much of them. I saw Scully wearing lacy, black shorts with a black crop top. She was wearing a dark red sweater and knee high black socks with her black boots.

 She was wearing a dark red sweater and knee high black socks with her black boots

————————————
The end of the day...

  The last bell rang, and I walked out of the testing room. I let out a big sigh of relief. The lady helping with testing came up to me. She was relatively young. Her dark blond hair was pulled back into a ponytail, and she was wearing black thick rimmed glasses. I read her name tag. It said "Ms. Lodge: Volunteer". She gave me a friendly smile. She was holding a binder. "You should have your test results some time next week. I'll be sure to contact you." She said in a professional tone.

  I gave her a small smile. "Thank you so much." I said with a smile.

  I grabbed my things and walked out of the testing room. I walked down the hall and to my locker. I put my things in my backpack and swung it over my back. I saw Mulder and Scully walk out of their class. I jogged towards them. "Hey guys, what's up?" I asked.

"Not much. Are you excited for Disney Land?" Scully asked.

"Yeah. I'm super excited. How 'bout you?" I replied.

"Yeah. I've never been to Disney Land before so this'll be a first for me."

"Cool."

I turned towards Mulder who was on his phone. "Do you know if mom's here yet?" I asked.

I heard Mulder's phone ding. He looked at it. He he gotten a text. "Was that mom?" I asked.

  "Yeah. She's waiting for us outside." Mulder said putting his phone in his back pocket.

  We all walked outside. I saw my mom's car outside. She was waiting in the driver's seat. We all walked up to the car. I knocked on the car window. My mom looked towards us. She unlocked the car door. I got into the passenger's seat and Mulder and Dana got into the back seats. "Are you guys excited?" My mom asked.

  "Yeah." We all said in unison.

  "Because of the traffic, it'll probably take us about two and a half hours to get there. Do you guys have music to listen to or a book to read?"

  "I've got both." I said.

  "Same." I heard Dana say.
————————————
30 minutes later...

  I found myself reading a random book I'd found in my backpack. The only book I had was a human anatomy book. Go figure. I started reading it. A positive of to having a photographic memory is that I can remember anything I see, feel, hear, or smell. Which makes studying for tests a lot easier. A negative to having a photographic memory is that I can remember anything I see, feel, hear, or smell. It's a blessing and a curse.

  The book I had was 856 pages, not including the glossary. As I read, I could feel my mom's eyes on me. I looked up from my book. "Is there something you need?" I asked.

  "No. Why do you like reading human anatomy books so much?" My mom asked.

  "I don't know. I just find them interesting." I said shuffling my shoulders, trying to return to reading my book.

  "Do you want to become a doctor when you're older?" She asked.

  "I'm not sure. I have time." I said.

  I looked behind me and I saw my brother and Dana asleep. Dana had fallen asleep, and her head was resting peacefully on my brother's shoulder. I gave them a soft smile before returning to reading my book. What a weekend this was going to be.

A/N: Even though this chapter was short, I hope you liked it. I au be an,e to update again soon, but it'll probably once again be a shorter chapter. Now I'm going to leave you with some wise words...

"When life gives you lemons, freeze them, and throw the, as hard as possible at the people who make your life difficult." — Pinterest❤️