Chapter 8

Ryu pov

While Garroth, Laurence, Dante, and Travis go back to the Pizza Hut to make breakfast/lunch, I decided to talk to the werewolves.

"So... why did you guys decide to try and rob that Pizza Hut, if you don't mind me asking." I ask. Aaron looks at his hands. "We were going to use the money to move to Falcon Claw. Both of our families live there and we were hoping to reconnect with our parents and my sister. We would have gotten jobs here but nobody would hire us because we're werewolves." He explains.

"I see. So it's the fault of the business owners of Phoenix Drop?" I ask. They both nod. "And...Aph, What made you think to carry your pregnancy test with you on a Pizza heist?" I ask Aph. She looks at the positive pregnancy test in her hands. "Some part of me just told me I was going to need it. It was like I knew that we were going to be caught and it would help us."

I lean back in my seat. "Either way, you were both very lucky it was Garroth who caught you and not Levi." I say. They both tilt their heads in confusion. "He's the new head cop. After Garroth lost his job, Levi was there to replace him. He's a bastard Meif'Wa who doesn't give a rat's ass about werewolves or humans." I clench my fists. "If he found you, you would both be behind bars. And I can assure you that your baby would be in someone else's filthy, incapable hands."

They both laugh. "Well, I'm glad he didn't find us. Not that I couldn't take him." Aaron says. "Anyway, If it's Falcon Claw you're trying to get to, then I can help you out. As long as you guys stick with me, I can get you anywhere in Ru'an." I say boastfully. "Can you make the pizza get here faster?" Aph says angrily. At that moment, Garroth, Laurence, Travis, Dante, and Gene (Dante's older brother), walk in, each carrying about 10-15 pizzas each. "Apparently I can, Aph." I say as I go to help them carry in the pizza.

"Zane, I'm so so sorry. I promise I'll buy you as much pony stuff as $37.62 can buy." I say as we put the pizza on the table. "Please tell me that at least on of these Pizzas has anchovies?" Aph asks, and Dante hands her the requested pizza. He runs to the couch and begins to devour it. "Wow, man. That's some appetite your fiancé has." Travis says to Aaron. Aaron chuckles. "You should see her when we go to Olive Garden."

"Speaking of Olive Garden, I have some breadsticks in the fridge if we manage to finish all this Pizza." Aaron then covers Aph's ears. "Don't say the B-word in front of her. EVER! Especially while she's pregnant with MY child!"

"Geez! Sorry." I apologize to him, eating a slice of pepperoni pizza. "Is there bacon on any of these?" Aph asks, removing Aaron's hands from her ears. Garroth shakes his head 'no'. "Good. I hate Bacon on pizza. It's always undercooked."

This makes us all laugh. I'm not sure why. Then Travis whispers something to Dante, who whispers it to Laurence, who whispers it to Garroth, who whispers it to me.

"I don't care if you guys think this pizza tastes like trash. You guys are the ones that made them."

This makes Aaron and Aphmau laugh, with two bright, goofy smiles on their faces.

"Wow..." Garroth said. Aphmau and Aaron stopped and looked at him. "What?" Aaron asked, a hint of hostility in his voice.

"Nothing, its just..." Garroth started. "You both aren't as hostile as you were before."

They both look at each other. "Its because i am the werewolf whisperer." I say, confidently. Aphmau laughs.

"Its because you guys managed to feed us. Especially the emotional one." Aaron said. "Dont call me emotional because im pregnant! Need i remind you that it's YOUR child?!"

"Need i remind you that it's also YOUR child?"

Me and the other laugh, while aphmau pouts.