brown envelope

- brown envelope ;

jungkook came back from work early today. he has a light brown envelope in his hand as he walked into his apartment, only to see jimin who just finished his housechores walking out from the kitchen.

"oh you're home early today" he said as he saw his husband exhausted face.

"y-yeah, the music just finished composing and i got to leave early" jungkook explains casually, earning a nod from jimin.

both of them stayed silence for some time, neither jungkook or jimin spoke. they have been like this for around two years now, sometimes they would just ignore each others presence as they were so busy with their own works.

working as a music producer in a studio in town, jungkook was always so occupied with searching for inspirations to compose a song meanwhile jimin was always running errands and start working on writing stories so that they could be sent to the publisher to be published and earn some extra money.

the couple has been married for five years now, first three years was fine for them until these recent two years when they started drifting apart, they seldom talked, they don't share intimacy anymore.

they were just so busy in search for the inspirations to complete their work that they didn't even realise they have lost the interest in each other.

"jimin can you come over for a sec?I've something to say" jungkook took a seat at the dining table.

jimin heard him that he walks over to join his husband at the dining table, "what is it that you wanna say?"

jungkook placed the brown envelope that was on his hand all the while ever since he entered the house on the table.

jimin eyed the item in front of him that he truly has an unease feeling drowning him, eating him alive.

"I think we should- get a divorce, jimin-ah" jungkook gulped.

jimin knew this day would come, he has foreseen his future better than anyone else, anything between the both of them are getting worse day by day, he wasn't blind, he knew everything.

the only thing that is orbiting around them was just resposibility, there's no love; not at all, he thought.

"I'll agree to this, but can you give me your time for 30 days?" jimin smiles,  trying to disguise the pain beneath him.

"30 days?" jungkook titled his head, unaware about his husband's request.

"yes, during these 30 days of time,  we will do things that we've missed those past few years," jimin paused,  "after 30 days, I'll sign this paper"

jungkook had no idea what jimin was trying to do exactly, however if this is what jimin wished for,  he will do it for him, for the one last time as a responsible husband.

the things changed between them was definitely not things that happened in a twinkle of an eye.

their lifestyles;  their thinking has changed.

there's zero communication between the couple that jungkook finds it pointless to continue this relationship.

he does care for jimin, maybe they could continue being friends yet living together under the same roof would be a tragic, to either jimin or jungkook.

"I'll agree to your request" jungkook smiles, a comforting one this time, yet his heart was hefty.

💌

How was the first chapter? Hope you enjoyed :))