Chapter One

"Mommy, why is there a big truck next door? " I asked as I sat next to the window. I felt gentle arms pick me up. "That's for our new neighbors. They're comimg over for dinner so why don't you go get dressed?" Mom said as she put me back on the floor. I ran as fast as I could, which isn't very fast, up the stairs and into my room. I hope the neighbors have a kid so I can make a new friend. I can't wait for dinner!

  The doorbell rang and I ran to the door and stood on my tippy toes to open the door. A man, woman and a boy about my height stood in the doorway. "Are you the new neighbors? " I asked excitedly.  "Yes we are." The man said. I grinned from ear to ear as I let them in. I ran to the kitchen. "Mommy, the neighbors are here." I told her as I bounved on my feet. "And they have a kid my age."My voice came out slightly breathless.  "Why don't you two go play I the yard while I talk to his parents?" Mom suggested as I ran back to the living room.  I walked up to the boy and told him what mom said. "Race you."I said before sprinting outside with him laughing behind me.

  I plopped down on the grass,out of breath. A few seconds later, the boy sat next to me. "That was not fair. You got a head start."The boy said as out of breath as me. "I'm Tobias. " He said turning to me. "Hmm... I'll call you Toby. My name's Beatrice but you can call me Bea. We played the rest of the time in my tree house. I have to say that it was my favorite day of the year so far.