Chapter Two

I wake up and run downstairs, occasionally stumbling on mh stumpy legs. I inhale and smell pancakes and... BACON! But no parents. I stand on my tippy toes and see a note by a plate of food on the counter top. I reach over and grab the note. It says:
Dear Beatrice, 
Your dad and I had to leave on a work trip. We will be gone for a few weeks, but don't worry. You will be staying with the neighbors while we're gone. They will be picking you up around noon. Remembe, we love you!
Love,
Mom

I looked at the clock and saw I had about ten minutes before they got here. I ran back upstairs and changed before running back down to eat. I was soooooooo excited to see my new friend!

The doorbell rang and I ran to the door, reaching for the doorknob.  I opened the door grinning. "Hi!" I said as I welcomed Marcus in. "Did your parents tell you that you would be staying with us while they're gone?" Marcus asked. I nod and show them the note. "Ok. Well lets go. I know that Tobias is excited to see you." I grinned when I heard Toby's name. He opened the door and I granned my suitcase and my tedy named Fluff.

  I peeked inside and saw the inside was similar to my house. I step in cautiously.  Marcus smiles down at me. "Tobias, there's someone here to see you." Marcus called. A boy comes running down yelling, "Bea!" I smiled. "Hey Toby." I said waving when he got downstairs. "How about you two go and play in the backyard." Marcus suggested. We lookes at eachother and ran out grinning.

  "Do you want to be besties?" Toby asked. I nod. "Besties forever?" I aks him. He nods. "Besties forever." He says and we lock pinkies.

  We stay outside and talk. I found out we have a lot in common. Our favorite colors are blue and green. We both like sports and music. We are even the same age. Well he's a year older but we will always be in the same grade. "Dinner!" I hear Toby's mom calling.  We run in and eat.

  "Goodnight kids." Toby's mom tells us before flipping the switch and leaving us in the dark.  After a while, I fall into a restless sleep.

  I wake up and start to cry. I had the worst nightmare ever. I crawl over to Toby's bed and see he seems to be having a nightmare too.  I shake him gently and he wakes. "What's wrong? " He asks. I sniffle. "I had a nightmare." I tell him shakily. He sits up. "So did I." He whispers. We hug and cry into each others shoulder. Soon, we fall asleep still in the others arms.

  The sun shines into my face, waking me from my dreamless sleep. I look around and see a flash of I light. My eyes wonder and I see that Evelyn took a picture of me and Toby. "You two are so cute." She says smiles. Toby wakes up and we part. His mom leaves. "Did you have anymore nightmares? " He shakes his head. "You?" I shake my head and we smile at each other before racing downstairs. I end up winning.