Alive and whole

Erik Destler POV:

"Kiss me one last time," I hear her mutter. I crash my lips onto hers. Then her life fades away. I cry, but just then the boy, Gustave, looks at me and takes my mask off. I was shocked and saddened, a boy of only 10 years of age should not have to see this monstrosity.

I remember the day before he screamed as he saw the sight. Now he caressed it ever so gently. I sat there shocked. He kissed it as well. No one had done that since Christine. It pained me to think her name. How am I to cope without her. I can't go on, but I have to. If not for myself then for Gustave. He, the first person to accept me for who I was and what I'd become.

My son, I'm still coming to terms that he is mine. I can't believe I could create something so beautiful. I think it's not possible, yet somehow, it is.

It's so beautiful
It's all so beautiful
Every things just as you said!

Gustave sang like the both of us combined. My voice rang out like a clap of thunder. Shook and crazy onto the cold dark night.

No more memories
No more silent tears,
No more gazing across the wasted years!...

I cried more then I ever have before. I wish I would have stayed, all those years ago! Beneath a moonless sky! I wish I would have it could have changed our story. It could have veered the course of life.

It's hurts to imagine that time we had spent together. When she kissed me 10 years ago I thought she was doing it out of pity, she was doing it out of love. Love for me by kissing me it was to tell me she wanted to stay. I wish she never left with that fop. It is my fault she had done so. I want to kill him, but I put that behind me.

I have to get the police, Meg is deranged. I have to go Gustave off this pier. I look at christine I need to check for a pulse. It's there a pulse! "Gustave run go to the hospital, tell them someone had been shot. GO! Go now and leave me!" I watched as the boy ran as fast as he could. "Hold on Christine, I'll never let go!"

Soon Gustave comes back with a carriage, which has a doctor waiting inside. He looks sad for me. I wish he didn't. I had put my mask back on when Gustave left. The doctor then said, "Sir, I'm not sure if she will make it. We will do our best she will need to be rushed into surgery right away!
Even then chances of her staying alive are very slim to almost none."

Ahhh Christine, my Christine, you can't die I won't let you! Suddenly it hit me! She could still die. I can't cope I almost fell out of the carriage. I went to the waiting room with Gustave.

A/N- hello everyone I am writing this when I have time I want to know if you like it or not. It might take some twists and turns on our way to the and and with the ever impending threat of 'the fop' (or Raoul) so I will have my own back story along with Susan Kays! Please leave a comment or a Like I will then continue! If you want longer chapters let me know thanks

-Your obedient friend and writer
R. B.
Rue Bread