No, this can't be!

Just an AN when Erik sings it is in bold and when Gustave sings it's in italics enjoy❤

Gustave Destler/ Daaé POV

No, it cannot be! My mother can't be dead! She and my 'father' kissed she then went limp.

He sang it was so beautiful! I told him so. His then feels mother's neck and he yells to me, he said she was alive! "Gustave run go to the hospital, tell them someone had been shot. GO! Go now and leave me!" He says.  I ran as fast as possible.

All the way to the hospital I panicked. What if it's too late. It would be my fault. I got there and grabbed the doctor in the carriage, he followed me to the edge where mother was.

He rushed her to the hospital. He was telling Papa something, he seemed distraught. I hope mother will be ok. All I heard was, 'she may not make it, she needs surgery.' I hope and pray, we go and sit in the waiting room. I start to doze off when Papa sings to me.

I wake up a few hours later, when Papa shakes me away. He says, "Your mother is awake, would you like to see her?" I shake my head and respond with, "Oh yes! Please take me to her! I don't know what I would do with out both of you!"

I gave him a large hug. He seemed shocked at first, and hesitated for a moment. Then wrapped his arms around me.

For the first time in years I felt safe.

Safe in his arms. With Raoul I never felt this safe. There we were sitting on the red plush sofas, hugging. Papa in his formal wear, and me in my roughed up clothes when Mademoiselle Giry dragged me.

Shortly thereafter we went to mama's room. She looked quite odd hooked up to those machines. I ran over and gave her a kiss. Papa gave her a grown up kiss as well.  I asked, "when are you coming home?" She replied with, "I'm not sure sweetie, but when I do we can have cake!"

I then got excited. Cake is my all time favorite thing, second to frosting.
(If you've read Thatangelofmusic fanfic it's a reference 😳) After Papa checked with the nurses, he said we could leave. So we went, we're picking Mama up tomorrow. All will be well. I hope...

On the way home I spotted a girl. She looked as if she hadn't eaten in months. I pointed to her, to show Papa. He said, "Well, what about her? It's just a girl in the street." But in my heart I knew she could be something.

I persuaded Papa to give her some coins. "Please don't go to far away, if you stay here I'll meet you at 8 AM sharp, and I wanna hear you sing." She nodded it was an appreciative nod. I want to help her, maybe even convince Papa to let her sing if she's good.

I'll meet her hear and, I have a plan.