part 1.

The only time that I was allowed to dream was when my parents were gone. It wasn't easy though. Even in the night, I was already thinking of what food to cook tomorrow or what i should clean next. I already finished the dining room today. My mom already bought groceries. My dad is never here. He left our family when I was 5. My sister is the only person in the house who notices me. Other than that, I'm invisible. And whenever I'm invisible, I dream many things. Including a girl who appears every night. Her name is Altaira. She talks to me like a friend. I never had a friend who knew me like Altaira did. She always would disappear whenever I woke up. But there was this one night where everything was different. I never woke up. Altaira never disappeared. But one thing was completely different, out of the ordinary!

It wasn't a dream.

Chapter 2.

That startling moment started when I found out that my mom would have to go to Essevia. She would have to take a cab and she said she would take my sister with her because she needed someone with her. I offered to watch the house. Although I was frightened at the idea of a murderer coming to my house and stabbing me 15 times in the back, I knew that it would be the best time to get to know Altaira. I could sleep longer and see her world, Constellair. I also knew that I would be able to eat and just take a break. When my mom left, I went in my room and I fell asleep within a couple of minutes. Then after a few seconds, Altaira appeared. She grabbed my hand and we went throught this light. It almost felt like it was endless. Then it ended. I saw that we were in her world. There were people dressed in gold, glimmering through the skies, men dressed in blood red, hopefully signifying the freedom. But I saw Altaira dressed in pure flowers tinted rose gold and she had a tattoo that said "stars collide" I wonder what that meant. I looked down to find that I was wearing the same dress Altaira was wearing. Just that mine's were silver and I had lilies. I thought to myself, "How long have I been in this dream?" Altaira responded, "You will never wake up. This isn't a dream."

"This is your world!"

Chapter 3

I was baffled at the thought. This was my world? No. I had to leave. Altaira was a dream and Constellair too. I don't belong here. I closed my eyes one more time. And I was back at my room, sitting quietly but Altaira was still there. She took me and she led me into the hospital in Essevia. It felt so quick but I saw my mom in one of the rooms. No! She's not in the hospital. It's still a dream. But I heard them loud and clear. The nurses. "Pronounced dead at 12:26. Excuse me." My mom is not dead. MY MOM IS NOT DEAD. I could feel my heart being stabbed by knives. My eyes turning red. Waters filling my eyes. Altaira grabbed me and told me something I would never forget.

"It is your choice that can affect anyone. You can't choose between life and death. But you can open your mind and see everyone you never thought they would be."

Chapter 4

And when she said that, I was staring at our old house. Completely worn down and old. This was our house when I was younger. Altaira said "You will see everything in a different manner. Pay close attention to your enemies." When I went inside the house, I saw myself being carried by my sister. She was very happy. Her smile was beautiful. I took a step forward and a door greeted me. I opened it ever so slowly, being careful not to disturb anyone. I saw my dad talking with my mom. He said " I have to leave in a few years because my mom is dying." I started to tear up. I never knew that it was the reason for his departure. My mom turned away and gave him a sign to go out. Then.

Everything Changed.