Chapter Four: From the Balconies we swing ~

Vixen's POV ×

                                    $$$***$$$

Vixen was more excited to go to New Orleans than she thought she had ever been excited about any bit of something she'd ever done! And she knew she'd been all sort of excited about seeing Poison those many years ago when she was merely thirteen, yet already able to pull off at least sixteen. Or even at eighteen when she got to see a famous nineties band known for their unique and original new form of music called Grunge. Where she herself got to play her own type of "music" later in a fabulous Hotel Suite.

She was a girl obsessed with music and the men who played it. From the famous to the barely known, the oldies to the newbies, they one and all turned her on. The noise, the party atmosphere, even the jealous looks from other chicks she would beat out of the chance of a night to remember. In fact, that may have turned her on more than anything! Especially if they went for the fight. Some bouncers stopped it almost immediately. Other groups enjoyed the hell out of a good catfight. And Vixen knew how to fight sexy.

A country girl with the look of an early nineties hairband video star, she did what she was built for. She was a hard partier and a sexy groupie. Starting with the roadhouse country or southern rock fellas. And graduating to the bigger time bands. Following some for several weeks or even a month or so. That was when Vixen met Hazel.

Very alike in their love of music and band members in general, they hit it off crazy well in a club in L.A. Both were only on a short stay for a musical festival that hot summer. Whereas both girls usually found a penchant for being in competition with all other females, and rarely truly got along with other girls, for some reason they actually began a superficial conversation that turned into an actual friendly and fun-filled camaraderie.

  Hazel was from the East coast. She was adopted in a little town in Maine. Actually very near Stephen King country. The thing that Hazel disliked about the homey little town was the lack of any true diversity amongst the inhabitants. In other words, Hazel was one of two kids in the entire town with any African American in her bloodline. Her parents really didn't seem to notice, they were just overjoyed to have her. She knew nill of her original roots, other than her mother was black, her father was from Jamaica, which in most cases also indicated black roots. But like every single race of people, in every single ethnicity, the shades of skin tone varied so much.
Much like a painter's palette, it was the divine Creator's way of making a glorious type of walking, talking, dancing, living, laughing and loving the art form.

After a few days and nights of partying with Hazel, they had shared a single room their last two nights in California to save the dwindling finances on both girl's end. Vixen had assumed she would go back to Oklahoma for a short spell, maybe wait some tables and replenish her funding so she could make Mardi Gras that February. During that thoughtful moment in her mind, it suddenly occurred to Vixen that she didn't want to leave Hazel! She was floored by her own emotion. First of all, she did not allow herself to become attached to people. There wasn't even any romantic element to their relationship. But there was something going on. Something on Vixen's brain.

As she sat on the full-sized bed that they had shared the last couple of nights completely innocently, her mind wandering into places she found rather hot and uncomfortable, she wondered why she quite suddenly found a female attractive? And not just the innocent way you notice that someone of the same sex was an attractive person. No, this was oh so very, very non-innocent. She pictured Hazel's dark, soft mahogany skin, glowing slightly in the moonlight by the Hotel's swimming pool. They had four fake pink coloured triangular candle lights that lit up and down surrounding the hot tub, causing lovely and magical lighting beneath the open skylights above.
Vixen could imagine running her hands down Hazel's muscular yet lithe back. She was exquisite, with her wide honey shaded eyes, strong cheekbones and full lips that always smelled like peaches and Vixen imagined that her kisses would taste the same as they smelled.

Later that last night in L.A., Vixen found out all she never knew about the touch of a woman. It was all she had imagined and more! And to find out that Hazel had been feeling the same way, but since they met, left Vixen speechless. But Hazel had been with women before, in fact, preferred it, something that Vixen wasn't aware of.

So the trip to New Orleans happened sooner than Vixen had figured, for Hazel had money in an account her parents kept funds for her in. Vixen teased her about being a spoiled, entitled little brat and Hazel would laugh and agree it was true. But wasn't Vixen wanting to get to New Orleans? Then she best not look a gift horse in the mouth! Hazel had teased her back. A couple of guys they had spent some hard time partying with, Perry and G, the sweetest couple you could ever meet; decided to come along for the vacation, as New Orleans was an intriguing destination they had always wished to visit.

So they flew out the next eve, spent two nights at a quaint,  romantic bed and breakfast before locating the lovely little balcony apartment above Dauphine Street in NOLA. It was their new beginning together and Soon they would meet Mama K.

G and Perry loved it in the Big Easy and put a down payment on a little shotgun house on Decatur. It was like a dream to them all!