Chapter Ten

The next day was gorgeous. The sun was shining bright in the sky and the air was tinged with a romantic hue. It was the perfect day for Troy to propose to his one and only. He carried a small velvet box in the pocket of his basketball shorts. In it there was a sparkling diamond ring, like a spectacular pearl in the clam that was their undying love. He knew the fishman would love the ring, since he had always been drawn to shiny things, and it was shaped like a basketball, which was the fishman's favorite sport.

It was with a skip in his step that he began the perilous voyage to the fishman's pond. Troy simply couldn't wait to seal the deal, to see the look in the fishman's idyllic eyes when he asked for his hand in marriage, the most sacred and profoundly beautiful institution known to man. Troy knew it would be a night to remember.

Troy reminisced on the first time they met on the golf course, how he had been feeling so frustrated and lost, and how the fishman had made all of his problems melt away like butter on toast. His thoughts drifted to the breathtaking golf ball heart the fishman had constructed just for him, the subtle joys of playing Horse together, sharing a romantic candlelit dinner at the Olive Garden, and their magical time at the aquarium. He blushed when his thoughts came to their kiss outside on the bench, the raw passion and tender warmth between them.

There was no doubt in Troy's lovesick mind that he and the fishman were meant to be. He patted the box in his pocket, and wondered how the entirety of Troy's love for the fishman could be contained within such a small package. Soon, he would never be out on his own ever again.

Meanwhile, Pop Icon Hannah Montana was entangled in an amorous moment of her own. Her thoughts had wandered to the fishman, to his Emerald eyes. She beheld in her hand a petite gilded box. Quarantined inside it was a lush diamond ring that was shaped like a music note.. The ring was for the fishman. She was giving it to him to propose to him to be married.

Hannah was sure it was the right time for the two of them to tie the knot. After all, they had already been through so much together. She smiled to herself, recalling fondly the good times they shared.

There was their first fateful encounter by the pond, when he showed off the golf ball heart he had made just for her. The knowledge that he liked her for Hannah, not Pop Icon Hannah Montana drove her wild. From their ebullient romp in the pond with the snapping turtle to the absolute hoot they had doing the hoedown throwdown, Hannah knew with complete certainty that she and the fishman were the perfect couple. And that night in the rowboat... Hannah's cheeks flushed at the thought. She couldn't get over it. Their intimate conversation painted against the starry night, and the solemn comfort they had provided each other. Also when they kissed.

So it was today, on this gorgeous, beautiful, perfectly perfect day that Hannah and Troy began their individual treks to the fishman's pond. The two walked next to each other in silence, both lost in thought about their beloved. They eagerly awaited a chance to see him once more. It had been far too long since they had been together, and both Hannah and Troy were going to remedy that immediately.

Suddenly, Hannah and Troy noticed each other. Are they following me? Both of them simultaneously thought. Slowly, Troy and Hannah began to walk faster, their paces quickening at the same rate. It got to the point where both of them were sprinting to outmatch the other, but they were caught in a dead heat.

"Wait!" Troy finally interjected. He couldn't keep up this pace for much longer and it didn't seem like Hannah was slowing down anytime soon. "Why are you headed in this direction anyway?" Hannah answered, slowing down.

"Why, I'm off to see my one true love!" she professed. It was the truth, but she was sure Troy could never understand. A prankster like him would need to get rid of his trickster ways before he experienced such affection.