Chapter 1

Imelda woke up to a strange noise outside. She tiredly got out of bed to see what the disturbance was.

She silently got out of bed, cursing under her breath, hoping that the noise didn't wake her 2-year-old twin brothers. Imelda herself was 9.

Surprised when she recognized that sound as low rumbling, as if coming from a car.

However, this was ridiculous. Cars were extremely new, and so high-tech her family could never afford one. Anyway, in Imelda's opinion, they did nothing but destroy roads, air. However, at least there weren't many on the roads.

She however, froze on the spot when she saw the source of the shuffling.

Her father had packed a suitcase and was heading straight outside, not even sparing her a glance.

"Papá!" Imelda whisper-yelled.

She knew he could hear her, but he kept walking, pretending to ignore her. He got in the car and told the diver to step on it.

Poor Imelda called out to her Papá, but they kept driving, leaving Imelda in the dust.

Imelda hated her father. He was always drinking, lying around, a waste of space and resources. All he ever did was drink and complain. She was glad he left.

She quietly brushed the dust off her and marched inside. She would never cry for someone she did not love, who was not worthy.

————————————————————————————————————

Once Imelda told the news to her mother the next morning, her mother did not take it nearly as well as Imelda did.

While Imelda was telling her mother what happened the night before, Felipe and Oscar were sitting on the couch, listening to.

While her mother was in shock, the twins were just sniffling and hugging each other, whispering that they would never leave the other.

However, while Imelda was reassuring the twins that she would never leave them either, the mother's shock turned to rage.

She went right over to Imelda, and slapped her.

Slapped Imelda.

The twins suddenly stopped making noises and stared in shock at their mother, fear in their eyes.

However, Imelda just stood there. Unable to process what just happened.

However, her mother moving towards the twins snapped her out of it, and without thinking, slapped her mom.

Imelda scooped up the twins in her arms and carried them up to their rooms, the twins clinging to her tightly.

Once she assured them she would handle it and everything would be fine, she almost completely closed the door, leaving a small crack, and went downstairs.

The twins looked at each other. Both of their eyes wide.

"We gowt two-" Oscar started.

"Make suwe Imelda weally okway." Felipe finished.

They both carefully and silently crawled out of bed, helping each other, and waddled to the door.

They slowly opened the door, making sure it didn't creak.

They waddled to the railing upstairs, which viewed the living room.

Their mother was angrily fussing at Imelda, by now Imelda had several red marks on her.

Imelda, however, had been intensely glaring at their mother.

At this, the twins grinned at each other, both knowing this would help solidify victory for them.

Imelda suddenly turned away from her mother and marched upstairs.

She saw the twins had been watching, but didn't take notice besides a nod. She scooped them up and marched out the door.

"See you at dinner, Mamá." Imelda said coldly.

"Like I'm cooking dinner for you brats." The mother replied harshly. "You don't deserve to be fed. Find your own scraps."

Imelda snorted, and said, "Oh, I know you won't be cooking dinner, I will cook it myself. Good luck to you. You will be the one finding scraps soon enough."

With that, the siblings marched to the park.

————————————————————————————————————

Hey guys, I hope you will like this fanfiction! Sorry if it's to harsh. Thanks for reading though! Look out for Chapter 2! ❤️❤️❤️