The Truth

Mason hung up with the Nurse who called him and dialed Elenas number she answered on the second ring.

"Hello?"

"Elena, I got the results." He said

"What are they?" She asked

"You're my daughter." He said after he caught his breathe.

He heard a gasp and a sigh of relief. But the gasp didn't come from her.

"Elena who's with you right now?" He asked

"Stefan." She said.

He grew a tad bit angry. He didn't like the fact his daughter was dating a vampire, knowing she could break that curse at any moment or day. Years down the road, or never at all. He hoped. Elena noticed his silence and got his attention.

"Mason?" She asked.

"Can we meet Elena? We need to tell Jenna." He asked

"Yeah just give me a bit, meet me at the house in 30 mins." She said he heard movement, probably her shifting around to find her stuff to gather and leave.

"No, I need you to come to my house I want to tell you something in person and i want to tell Tyler and Carol." He said she paused for a minute and sighed.

"I'll be right there." She said

"See you in a bit." Mason said

"Bye." Elena said and hung up. He sighed. He had so much to tell her.

Fifteen minutes had passed and he heard the door bell ring.

"I'll get it!" He yelled to Carol and Tyler

He opened the door and there stood Elena. He let her in and guided her to his brothers office.

"What did you want to talk about?" She asked.

"Well, uh. You know your the doppelganger right?" He asked

"Yeah why?" She said.

"There is a curse going around that the original hybrid is trying to break and you are what he wants. There is also a legend that if a petrova doppelganger ever is to fall among the werewolf blood line that she will be his mate." Mason said

"Is this true?" She asked

"Yes, it's in a grimwore. I've got i can't read it, but Bonnie can. I had a witch read it off for me." He said

"We can do that later after we tell everyone." Elena said shocked.

Carol and Tyler walked in at the time mason went to go say something.

"Elena what a surprise." Carol said.

"Elena and I have something to tell you guys." Mason said

"Please tell me you two are not dating?" Tyler asked with a disgust look on his face between the two.

"No!" Mason half yelled. "Elena was adopted she's not a Gilbert she's a Lockwood, she's my daughter." Mason said, still sending a glare Tyler's way.

"What? Do you have proof?" Carol asked

"Yes we got the results back this morning." Mason said

"From where?" Carol asked

"The hospital." Elena spoke.

"Elenas my cousin?" Tyler asked happily.

"Yeah." Mason said smiling but laughed when Tyler picked Elena up and spun her around.

"I always knew there was a reason we was so protective over you." Carol spoke. "But we never put two and two together. That makes you my niece." Carol said to Elena.

"Yeah it does." Elena said and smiled.

"We've got to go inform her family but we will be back later." Mason said.

"Can I come?" Tyler asked

"I don't see why not." Elena said looking at Mason.

"Come on." Mason said to Tyler.

"Becareful!" Carol hollered at them.

They got into Masons truck and drove to Jennas. The ride was short.

They got out and headed inside.

Jenna was in the kitchen.

"Jenna we have something to tell you." Elena said

Jenna looked up to see Mason, Elena, and Tyler in the kitchen.