Chapter 2: Deal

Darkness.

It seems familiar.

Yet they haven't met before.

Y/N's eyes drift open. Shock flooded her eyes and sits up immediately. Light blinded her vision. Her eyes widen. She looks around in anxiety, greeted by no one but herself in the alter.

Her eyes wandered the place. Dim as sunrise. The stone brick walls barricaded the room in a dome shape. The place had no windows or doors. Pillars held up the room high and mighty. She was trapped like a bird in a cage.

She looks down at herself. White church frills covered her neck. Navy fabric covered her arms. Cuffs at each end buttoned neatly. Black wrapped around the waist tightly like a snake choking it's victim. The night skirt flows outward like a bell and stopped at her knees.

She touched her lower adomben. She squeezed her eyes shut. Her fingertips pushed on the fabric. She waits for the pain to set in, and waits, and waits. One lid opened. She looked at the place where she was once been stabbed. Nothing contrasted the blue dress. There was nothing happening.

Confusion struck a bell.

'What the fok? I swear I was dead.'

Soft steps travelled to her sensitive ears. She turned to the space between the pillars. Her brows stuck together. She saw a glimpse of red and blue. The silhouette was darker than the pillars shadows. She watched the shadow come out of the darkness in slow and powerful steps.

"Saejun?"

The shadow revealed his face. Her lids stretched out. The creature was on all fours. Silver sparkled in her eyes as soon as the dim lights reflect on him. The mystery behind his oddly coloured eyes was still there.

My hand beckons the pet to come towards him. He backed away, like he didn't want me to be here. My glass heart shattered. Emotionless as the silence. One more step he took back, then another step until the shadows took him.

Suddenly, clack from the ground bounced off my ears. A familiar clacking noise, like high heels hitting the polished floor in an working office. Then a tick mixed in, like a stick hitting a floor. A long black cane with a gold tip at the bottom. The hand sheltered the golden lion on the ball of gold. Veins protruding the hand as the long slender fingers grip.

Slowly, the lurker slowly came out of the shadows. The man stood tall with power. Navy blue locks fell down on his face. An eyepatch rested on his right eye. A navy tailcoat with black patterns of flowers and vines twisting and turning. Church frills surrounded his neck along with a white shirt, covered by a black vest.

Your mouth runs dry. His gaze was a emotionless as a dead statue. Piercing through yours. His skin was as pale as a corpse. His aura was somewhat dead as alive.

His gaze softens at your state. He clears his throat and speaks.

"Hello Y/N," the stranger greets you with a thick British accent.

Eyes wide as saucers. You can hear your heart rate beat in your ears.

"W-who are you?" You stuttered bluntly. "And how do you know my name?"

"Do not worry," he tries to soothe me, yet his face stayed stotic. "I am not here to do any harm."

"As far as i know, the people who I've met has either betrayed me or killed me."

"Y/N," he called out. "Trust me. I won do anything to harm you."

"Why should I trust you?"

"Why should I hurt, M/N's child?"

'M/N?'

A breeze blew in the room. Anger clouded your eyes. You didn't know what was his deal, but he shouldn't have mentioned your mum.

"How do you know my mom?" You asked irritated. " What did you even know about my mum?"

"A lot, really."

"Tell me, what do you know about my mum," she repeated. " How she was sexually harassed by men, how people looked down on her because my father left me or how people think that being a single mother is like a sin?"

Smoke was fuming out of my ears. Yet his face still remained stotic and his face didn't move one inch. Yet his gazed pitied her. She was sick of it.

"Pity," she stated with her gaze now to the side. "Just like the others."

"I knew your mother died a good person."

She slowly turned to the stranger. Tears slowly flooded your eyes and you let them travel down your cheeks.

"I knew your mother dearly. She was a good woman. She loved you to 'the moon and back' your people say these days."

"How do you know me?"

"I've been watching you for your whole life. Observing your little figure from a far to see you grow up to the woman you are."

More tears trail off your eyes. The man offered a small smile of empathy. You stare at him a little longer.

'He reminds me of someone.'

She stood up from the balcony. Her figure charged to the stranger she just met. Her arms wrapped his torso and her face was buried in his chest. Cries and whimpers echoed in the room. He hesitantly wrapped his arms around your small figure. He tried to calm you down.

He looks down at you and you look up. He brushed you cheeks gently.

"Now, now. A lady should not cry," the man finally spoke. "I want to talk to you about something."

You let go of his torso. You look at him in anticipation.

"I want to make a deal."