Chapter 3: Appointment

"Jungkook," Jin called.

"Yes," Jungkook responds blankly, eyes glued on the phone.

"Can you get some lamb from the groceries? I'm making lamb skewers."

His head and ears perked up in excitement. He looked at Jin, who's at the doorway, for reassurance. Jin nodded, confirming his words.

His lips spread wide merrily like a child. Without a word, he bolted up from the couch and went like lightning to the stairs. As he reached to the door, instinctively, his foot crashed the door open.

Taehyung jolted of his bed, catching his heart that escaped from his rib-cage. He watched his roommate with shaky eyes, while he bolted his to the drawer and tore it apart with his hands. One by one clothes were pulled out from its habitat and scattered on the floor. He pulled out a hoodie triumphantly and rushed downstairs.

Taehyung blinked his eyes quickly, processing what happened. Alas, this was normal. The boy shrugged it off and went to sleep.

Jungkook's hand swiped for his wallet and his phone, near the door. He twisted the knob and went off.

He felt the breeze lightly blowing on his face. The leaves covered the stone cold pavement like the white blanket in the winter. Vibrant shops came to his sight one by one as he passes by, all striking in their colours. The crunch from the leaves left satisfaction to Jungkook's ears, following along with taps of his shoes on the stone pavement.

He spins right on his path. He whistled a tune and looking around him.

He was inches away from the store. However, he stopped.

Two figures crossed the road. A man and a woman. Side by side with the most jovial faces. Their shoes tap rhythmically together on their path.

The man whispers something to the woman. Her smile grew. Their snickers bloomed into laughter, mixed with the hot vapour that escaped their lips. Chivalrously, the man opened the door for the lady. She bowed in the most elegant way possible, followed on with more laughter on the way. After the laughter died down, they look at each other in euphoria, as they enter the store

Stiff as a board. His hands drop to his sides lazily. His eyes wide in shock as he watches the duo enter the store.

The scene was all too familiar.

The duo was all too familiar.

The woman was too familiar.

He felt a tear run down his cheek. He touched his face to feel his fingertips dampen. Harshly, he wiped his tear with his sleeve and burst through the store.

Jungkook rushed to the store. He swung the door open. Frantically, he looked around the store. Every isle was full of unfamiliarity. Different faces, different people.

They weren't there.

--

Everyone sat together around the table. The food presented out like a banquet. The savoury taste of the think brown sauce the drizzled over the plates. The rice as fluffy as a cloud. The blast of colours in the salad looked like a painting. The crisp aroma mixed together with the laughter that came out of their cheery lips. Their music was their conversation. How they listen intently to one another.

They finally acted like a family.

However, one was at the table, silently eating their food. He avoided eye contact with everyone and focused on the food. After he saw them, a wave of emotions flooded him.

The leader noticed the boys odd behaviour. He tapped Jungkook's shoulder from across the table. His head lifted up.

The eyes of worry. Jungkook's worst nightmare, ever since that day. They gazed on him, troubled.