Prologue

Dilruba was a beautiful young lady, not so much a lady, in behaviour, thoughts and deeds

        Dilruba was a beautiful young lady, not so much a lady, in behaviour, thoughts and deeds. She wasn't a lady because she didn't sit properly or eat properly. She wasn't a lady because ladies pulled her hair and dragged her to the streets. She wasn't a lady because she knew how to seduce men. She wasn't a lady because she was a whore, prostitute, many words described her by her profession.

      One day, which was like any other day, she received a proposition from a rich man who gave her two bags full of gold coins for her to dress up and act like...

"Your wife?!" She guessed.

"No. Actually..."

"Your female friend?!"

"No! My daughter."

"What?"

     Though Dilruba was confused she accepted because who in their right mind wouldn't? So, she dressed up and stayed in the nobleman's house as his daughter.

    The very next day, the king's soldiers had barged inside the mansion. They dragged her out to a carriage as she kicked and screamed. That was when she realised why she was paid such a hefty amount. "Argh!" She screamed in frustration. Apparently, the nobleman's daughter was the town's beauty and words reached the mad king's ear.

     Dilruba cursed out her fate. After all she had done, she had to die by the king's  hands. That's what happened to any woman who stepped inside that damned palace. They never saw the light of the day.

    "Listen here, madam

    "Listen here, madam. I'm not that nobleman's daughter..."

    She was cut off by the lady's glare. The lady who welcomed here into the palace. Servants whispered around her. She knew exactly what they were saying. She was going to die tomorrow.

     "Oh f*ck off!" She screamed at the servants and they scurried away. That received another glare.

       She had many questions, "Where you taking me, old lady?"

     But she never got an answer. The answer was she was taken to get ready. After a very relaxing bath and a change of clothes, she was led to the king's chamber.

     She was pushed inside the chambers and she staggered but caught herself up.

        Dilruba took in the room

Dilruba took in the room. It had a large bed with a dark brown cover. It still looked comfortable to her. The lamplight flicked inside the colourful candelabra casting a colourful hue around the room.

The floor was lined with expensive carpet. In the corner held a table with wine jugs, hookah and a bowl full of fruits.

She walked to the window, her dress dragged behind her. She placed her arm on the windowsill. The moon was full tonight, she noticed. She had only one wish, to be able to live. However her life was, she wanted to live.

"I don't want to die. Please, listen to my prayers." She begged the moon.

Just then the door creeked open. She saw him stalking in and it so happened....

 She saw him stalking in and it so happened