"I See Him."

It was shortly after they'd married, and started with dreams. Horrible night terrors, that would have Laurent waking in the dead of night and choking out a sob. Damen would wake shortly after, roused by Laurent's snuggling further into him, and would wrap his arms around the other's waist, drawing him even closer.

"Shh," he'd whisper soothingly, "you're alright, Laurent. It's alright."
And, in shaky Akielon, Laurent would reply, "I'm fine."

This is how things would go. It was the same dream every time. Damen grew rather worried with the King of Vere's behavior, but Laurent would shake his head, and say, "It must be stress. It will pass."

And so Damen would say nothing more on the matter. But that didn't keep him from worrying one bit. If anything, it made him even more worried. Laurent usually dealt with his duties just fine. Why now the night terrors?

Laurent's mentality, however, only seemed to deteriorate. The dreams grew worse, and he hardly slept now. But the more Damen prompted him, the more withdrawn Laurent seemed to become.

"I'm fine. Just let it be, Damianos," his voice held authority, and perhaps one would be convinced by this that Laurent was indeed fine.

But not Damen.

"No, you're not. You hardly sleep, barely go outside. Just tell me what-"

Laurent had cut him off with a shriek, stumbling backwards into Damen's outstretched arms. The Veretian was trembling in his grasp, eyes blown wide as he gazed into the mirror hanging opposite them.

"Laurent? Laurent, what is it?" Damen asked urgently.

"I- I see him. He's there," came Laurent's wobbly reply, eyes glued to their reflection.

"Who? It's only us," Damen attempted to soothe.

"No. It's him," Laurent shook his head. "Auguste. It's my brother. He's there. And so is Damianos. Prince Killer."