prologue

She woke up to the sound of her heartbeat starting again, and a man in a white coat flashing a flashlight in her face. This was normal for her. Her body strapped to the hospital bed, as they stood the hospital bed up.

This was not a hospital though. No, this place was much different. This is the place where she had been used for experiments. All 17 years of her life she had lived the life of a lab rat. No family, no friends, no one she really knew to show her a life a normal person. No one to love her.

"How do you feel, Miseo?" The scientist asked, pulling the flashlight back and putting it into the pocket of his coat. He didn't really expect her to reply since she never really talks, so he decided to continue.

"Did you get any dreams during your little nap?" He asked teasingly, knowing that 'little nap' was her being temporally dead, for one of his experiments. She shook her head in response, trying to forget the images she saw during her frightful slumber.

"Well, Miseo, you're lucky to be alive. Everything almost back fired during the tests." He said with a smile, starting to unstrap her from the hospital bed. I wish I had died, was always a thought that ran through her mind after every experiment.

Once she was free from the strapped bed, immediately nurses came to her to walk her back to her cage. Miseo had been through numerous of tests and experiments, which meant she wasn't technically a human anymore.

She was beautiful on the outside, but a monster on the inside. At least that's what everyone told her. Walking back to her cage, that was more of a jail cell, the nurses held her hands behind her back so she wouldn't try anything.

Her head hung low the entire time, there was really nothing to look at. Only cement walls, more experimenting rooms, and just darkness. She had no emotion shown on her face or body, only scars to remember every suffocating moment.

When they made it to her cell, they gently pushed her in and locked the jail bar door behind her. After Miseo heard their footsteps fully disappear, she cocked her head to the mirror in her cell. She would stared at herself for hours and hours wondering why she had to be alive, why she just had to survive every test and experiment.

This time, she caught a tear rolling down her cheek, and just stared as it made it's way down her cheek and down her jawline. She had always wondered what it actually meant, and just thought about what exactly it was, since she would catch those falling down her face sometimes before.

Finally looking away from the mirror, she stared down at her bed, afraid to fall asleep since each time she did she would see bad memories of past experiments, involving much pain. It was strange how she could still feel the throbbing pain through her dreams, even ones from when she was young.

Her eyes became heavy after hours of standing and staring, and soon she collapsed on her bed, falling deeper into the nightmare.

"don't smile to me"

"You know that i can't show you me"

"i'm so afraid"

"and i know"

"but i still want you"

Miseo started viciously shaking in fear in her bed. She tried shaking her head to wake herself up, but when she finally did, she had already seen everything. Sitting up on her bed, she had her hands in her hair, trying not to scream in frustration.

She's been having the same dream lately, a dream about these small phrases being whispered into her hear. A dream about seven silhouettes in the distance, and no matter how much she tried to make her way to them, she wake up just a few feet away.

Suddenly the sound of shuffling and unlocking her door, entered her ears, making her whip her head to see. She only saw a nurse enter the room, slowly looking over at Miseo.

"Doctor wants to see you," she told her, gesturing for Miseo to get up. Miseo hesitantly stood up and walked with the nurse to where the doctor was. Usually experiments weren't just after another one, so Miseo kept thinking about the reason why he would want to see her.

Making it to the room full of white lights and papers all over the ground, along with chalk he would throw after getting frustrated with what he was doing in the chalk board. This room wasn't too familiar to Miseo, but she could analyze everything that happened here. The black chair in front of them, turned around, showing the doctor with a small smile.

"Eun Miseo. I have good news to tell you!" He exclaimed, clapping his hands excitedly, Miseo flinched, still scared of what he was really planning. "The policemen are still searching for the dreamers."

Miseo was familiar with the dreamers, Doctor would talk about them nonstop about how they used their extraordinary powers to commit crimes. He would go on about how he wanted them in his hands badly, he wanted their powers.

"They agreed to let me help find those criminals, but I'm not going to be doing anything." Miseo furrowed her eyebrows slightly. "You're going to do all the dirty work." She was afraid he was going to say that. "Listen to me, you're going to pretend to be an Android."

Androids were highly educated robots that assisted their masters every request. They were like slaves, so she guessed not much was going to change for her.

"and you're going to gain their trust, enough to make each one of them weak. You're going to lead them straight to me, and I will save the world, and fulfill my desire of having the dreamers in my hands."

y'ALL THIS IS MY FIRST (somewhat) SERIOUS STORYyyy

If you haven't, I hope you'll also enjoy my other story "untamed » nctpink" ❤❤