our ↻

It had been already two days since Renjun had fell unconscious, and since Jeno and Miseo shared a kiss. Both Miseo and Jeno acted as if nothing had happened that day, but the moment won't escape Miseo's mind. She can't help but think about what exactly she felt during that little scene of theirs.

Right now, she was in Renjun's room cleaning up some of his stuff, still praying that he'd wake up soon and reassure his members and her. She was hoping he wasn't having any bad dreams like she did when she would fall asleep back in her cage. Her mind went back to what Sunae said about her being monsters just like them.

Did Sunae have a thing against people who have powers or something? It's not like we chose to have this ugly gift, I was born a lab rat, and forced into these damn tests and experiments. Sunae's words really got to Miseo though, now that she thought about it, she really is a monster is she?

I mean they wouldn't of trapped her in a cage if she wasn't capable of doing bad things that'll only ruin the world more than it already is. Behind her, she could hear Renjun crying, she immediately turned around to see his tear stained cheeks. He was having a nightmare!

"Renjun!" Miseo's yelled running to his side immediately, trying to comfort him as much as she could. He seemed to still be in the dream, since he never opened his eyes, and continued squirming in her arms. He was in pain.

Whatever he was dreaming about, it must've been a bad memory, or a future he's scared of. Either way, it was paining Miseo seeing him in pain. She didn't know how to wake him up, and just laid on the bed beside him, while laying his head on her chest, and playing with his hair.

"It's okay, Renjun. Everything's okay, it's just a bad dream, okay?" She tried to tell him through his dreams, but apparently, that wasn't the power she actually had. She could only comfort him and speak to him, hoping he could hear her voice and listen to it.

Suddenly, she remembered seeing something on the TV with Chenle and Jisung, it was a princess pricking her finger on a spinning wheel. She fell into a long slumber, and only woke up when a young prince came and kissed her lips.

Even though Miseo was smart enough to think the idea was stupid to think about, she was desperate. She knows exactly how it feels to be stuck in a nightmare with no way out. She's lived like that her whole life. She slowly leaned in, placing a kiss on his forehead, while playing with his hair in comfort.

"Renjun, please wake up, it's just a Dream." She whispered in his ear, and finally his body flinched, and his eyes fluttered open. She moved her head to look at him, their eyes meeting, and staying glued to each other.

"How'd I get here?" He asked, starting to sit up, which made Miseo remove her arm from around his shoulders.

"I healed you, so you could survive, but you were asleep for two days." She explained, getting off the bed, and feeling a little awkward since he woke up in her arms.

"Oh, right." He mumbled, staring into the thin air, as Miseo just stared at his side profile from the chair beside his bed.

"....did you have a nightmare?" She asked, grabbing the cup of water she made for him just in case he woke up this morning.

"..yeah.."

It was just silence after that, him just staring at nothing, thinking about everything that had happened at the bank. Miseo was about to offer the cup of water, but he spoke again.

"Why is it that, my best and worst dreams have the same people in it?"

After his sudden question, Miseo brought the cup of water back towards her, tilting her head at him in the process. What does he mean by that?

"I...don't know, Master..." was all she could muster, as she stared at him with concern in her eyes. "But, do you need some water? I got a cup, and does your stomach hurt? You haven't had anything since you'd been asleep."

Renjun cocked his head to the side, looking at her in the corner of his eye. He nodded, and Miseo immediately passed him the cup of water, while bowing respectfully. Suddenly, he did the unexpected and just threw the glass at the wall, creating a loud noise of glass breaking. A small piece made its way to hit Miseo's shoe.

He started to sob to himself again. Miseo was at a loss for words as she stared at him with wide eyes. Her eyes trembled from the glass on the ground, to him, seeing his weak state made her weak. She was about to open her mouth, but he began talking again.

"Why do I have to be such a monster?" He asked himself, running his fingers through his hair as he kept his head low, staring at his blanket that covered his legs. Small tears escaped his eyes, landing onto the blanket.

"You're not a monster, Renjun." Miseo disagreed, as she watched the boy cry to himself.

"I'm not a monster?" He chuckled wiping some of his tears, even though more were already coming. "Look at me and tell me that what I turn into isn't a monster. Tell me that what I've done isn't what a monster would do. Tell me why I was born into this life, and why nobody loves someone like me."

Miseo was silent, he knew exactly how to stump her, and make sure he was correct.

"Sunae was right, we are monsters. I'm a monster. I've only hurt people with my powers, not once had I'd done good with them." He stared down at his hands, with a force smile.

"If you're a monster because of what you've done and what you are," Miseo spoke up, grabbing the glass on the ground that had hit her shoe earlier. "Then, I'm a monster too." Renjun looked over at her, to see her use the glass piece to slice her wrist many times, nonstop.

It hurt a ton, slicing her wrist multiple times, but it hurt more seeing him like that. Blood started dripping from her wrist, she pulled her arm up to show him, with a forced smile. His expression dropped, seeing the blood slowly fall from her wrist, but soon, it glowed light pink, healing almost immediately.

"Knew you weren't an Android." He mumbled, still staring at her now healed wrist.

"I'm not human either." She corrected him, throwing the piece of glass across the room. "I've lived a lab rat my whole life, going through experiments and tests, soon gaining superhuman abilities from it. They treated me like I was a real monster, locking me in a cage, and barely feeding me."

She decided to open up about everything to Renjun, it seemed he was feeling the same way she was. A never ending pain that comes back to haunt her every time she lets her guard down, like falling asleep.

"Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if I had never been born to be a lab rat, or if I hadn't survived all those experiments. Would everything look differently, would I finally know how it feels to be loved?"

Renjun's eyes trembled, hearing her familiar story.

"I was forced to be an undercover Android, to get you guys back to my doctor, where he wants to do experiments on you and find out how you got the powers you have. But, I don't want to do it."

She started to let her tears stream down her face, and her lips form into a frown.

"I don't want to hurt any of you more than you guys are already hurt." She added, before bursting into a full out cry.

"You really are Mimi."