The New Me

#01 - The New Me

"Take me back to a time where I didn't had to worry about anything at all."

April 2nd, 3227

"Wake only the stable one's up and check their Vitality. The other's can wait!"

I can hear someone scream from a far distance, a Female's voice echoing through the surroundings.
Where am I? Why can't I open my eyes?
My Question's were cut short as soon as I heard the same female voice gasp next to me. The sounds of Metal against Metal were heard very loudly on the right of my side and some heavy grunting were followed by the sound of hissing and a door opening.

"Hey. Sweetheart, wake up!" The same female voice gently talked to me, I felt her shake me to wake me up from my resting position.

It was hard to open my eye's, it's like they were glued shut.

"0021. I have a young Girl here! Someone get the Medics to treat her!" Someone yelled and I cringed at the loudness of their voice. "Wake up! I need you to wake up now, we don't have much time left!" Gentle hands were pulling me up into a sitting position, I felt someone slapping me on the cheeks in a gentle way.

"It seems like her Consciousness is there but at the same time it's not. I need to hook her up on the IV but we can't do it here." The Paramedic, which I guessed, checked up on me.

"I'll carry her to the Van. Just have my back safe for now." I felt someone lift me up from the bed that I was laying on, strong arms engulfing me and I felt someone put a thick blanket over my motionless body.

"Let's get out of here quick!"

After being in the warm bed for so long made me very sensitive to the cold which was now engulfing my whole body and I felt shivers crawling up my whole being, my toes trying to curl and my hands clutching onto the fabric of the shirt the Man wore. As soon as I thought that I might freeze to death soon, did the warmess of something covering me from head to toe, surprise me.

"Close the door! Drive!" I heard yelling and, probably shooting?

"We didn't found many of them. Most of them were still too unstable to be awaken from their slumber. She had luck that we came to check on them today or she might have died out there with the defect capsule." The woman spoke, a pen scratching a notepad really harshly could be heard left and right.

"I thought those Capsule's were safe from damage? Why was her's so badly damaged to the extent of having her exposed to the outer world?" The Man holding me still, squeezed my shoulder.

I don't remember what had happened before I had been put to sleep, my memories are all fuzzy and my orientation to as to where I am is out of order. My body doesn't want to obey my orders and I can't even open my eyes, all I can do is breath and stay still for the time being.

Who am I? Where am I? What happened?

So many questions were running through my mind. I felt sick, I felt numb, powerless. I wanted to know what is going on right now and what are they going to do to me. Will I wake up soon?

I might have fallen asleep again seeing that I was jolted 'awake' from my never ending slumber. The Engines of the cars came to a stop but the sounds of footsteps on metal flooring were getting louder and louder, almost like an Army approaching me.

I would be lying to myself if I didn't admit that I got scared of what was comming and what might be comming still.

"Is she fine? Vitality checked? Heartrate on the norm? Any... bites or scratches?" I felt their hands all over me, cold metal of any sorts pressing on my exposed skin, I feel them lifting me up on a bed.

"She is the first out of that Generation. Her Capsule got severely damaged to the point of her getting exposed to the outer world." My head was spinning, the voices, the peeping of devices left and right made my head ache.

"She is going to be the first to test the new Serum out. I just hope for her that everything will work out and that we dont have to take drastic measures." The Person to my left got a hold of my arm and the coldness of the disinfectant on my arm got all the hairs on my body staning up straight.

They injected me with something they call 'Serum 022'.

I don't know what it is but, I could literally feel my energy which was still left in me deplete and my head felt heavy again. The fear of possibly dying made it into my mind. My Heart, I can feel it ache, my hands which used to have some strenght in them were numb and I couldn't feel the coldness of the air which had caressed my skin ever so slighty anymore.

"It's not working! Her Heartrate is unstable and her Body is getting cold! We need to do something about it!" The female voice which I had heard at first was ordering the Paramedics to help my sorry state.

"No. Wait for it." The Doctor which had ordered one of his Assistants to inject me with the Serum, spoke up and pinned me down on the bed with a strap.

"The process is long and not a beautiful sight but if she is the one from the new Generation then we might have our first Sucessfull Test Subject."

A Test Subject? Is this what I am now? Not a Human? Not a living thing? What are they talking about and what is the new Generation?

.....

PART ONE.... completed.
...........

So how ya'll doing and hows it going?
This Story should have been up a while ago but LIFE came in the way and my broke self needs to get a job real quick. I feel like a Hobo nowadays but then again I am probs a fabulous Hobo lmao

Anyways, Peace out and have a nice one ✌