Part 6

Clover pov:

I poured the mix into the glass. It's five o'clock somewhere. I covered it sense pool water really doesn't go well with vodka. I walked away from the black metal table. Kicking my peacock float with me. The little drink float was tied to the big floats handle. I pushed it into the lazy river. I managed to sit flat. My feet were in the water. I set my drink down.

The current made me drift away. I laid back to the best of my ability. Kendra and Hailey were over, celebrating our last days together. No ones dying. Hailey was a bit drunk. She was climbing on everything that seemed interesting. I craned my neck to see if they had ended up on the island. It seemed so weird that we would be away from each other for months on end. I would alone in this house, on this property; just one tiny woman.

I was stopped  by the only other two people here. Hailey was hugging Kendra and Kendra was trying to save herself. " Clovers back." Hailey sang, letting go of her prey.

" It's sad it's our last night." Kendra commented. Yet another to hate this year. Hailey is usually in new York so we cherish every moment with her. Now she's obsessed with her new boyfriend.

Kendra's going on tour. Not just an American on. All world tour. Five continents. Almost a year long. I usually go with ( the roads lonely) but my school only allows so much. My next tour is in 2003. 

We joked around laughing the whole day. We were falling down drunk. It ended with Hailey calling her boyfriend. Some guy named curtains. Though what do you expect from city people.

" Kendra says you have a fucker." Hailey looked over at her to verify the information. I spit my drink out. At least she didn't lover. I hate that word. It sounds like you're cheating on someone. I've always hated that from pet names. Call me baby or my name.

" I am going to kill you." My screamed at Kendra. I tried to run but ended up tripping over my feet. Rolling over on my back. We all broke out into giggles. " Marshalls not my anything. We keep each other  company." A long sigh escaped my mouth.

" Yeah you fuck." Hailey crowed from her spot on the island. " But do tell."

" There's nothing more."

" There's always more."

" What is this an infomercial?" Kendra questioned.

" Do you have idiots in your house just pull out your handy dandy gun." My was hysterically pierced. We probably sounded like we capture a bunch of circus clowns.

*********

I stumbled down the stairs. Someone was buzzing on the door. The other two girls were passed out. I woke up in the bath tub with noodles all over me. I opened the door to the person. Marshall leaned against the door frame. No idea why he's here. He has a brown lunch bag in his hand. He's drunk probably high. He kinda looked like a lost puppy with the look he was giving me. I wasn't going to be fooled. His jacket seemed to swallow him whole. His eyes were puffy like he had been crying.

" Look as much as I like you. We don't know each other. At all." Trying to make it clear to him I didn't want him here. This very well may be my cage but it's also my safety. I don't need him here trying to free me. He stalked forward. We both weren't very tall people but he towered over me.

" Yeah, but that's the thing. I like you a lot. I can't get you out of my head." That's nice to know. He had fully entered the house now. I turned and closed the door. No birds in my house. I pressed my back to the door. Wrong move. Marshall has fire in his eyes I had only seen in videos. He took me into a kiss by grabbing my hair.

Here we go again. Marshall hands found my spots. He knew most of the map. one of my friends could walk in. I put my hands on his chest. He probably thought I was doing something else. It took all my jelly limbs to push him off.

" I got friends here we can't."

" once." He responded trying to get me to sway.

" No, now give me your keys." I held out my palm.
" Hell no." He spit venom.

" Mathers." I growled back. Marshall plopped himself onto the living room couch. Marshall just waved me off when I left the room.  Marshall was asleep when I got back. I threw the blanket on him.