Chapter 1- Morty

I walked into school, avoiding eye contact with everyone near me. I had heard that the Principal was on the prowl for me, and I knew it was probably because of all the school I've missed. I saw Jessica and her new boyfriend, Alan, to the right, so I turned to the left. But of course, OF COURSE, I had to bump into Principal Vagina.

"Morty! Hi!" He said, clearly eager to be done with the conversation.

"H-h-hi Mr. Vagina!"

"Listen, Morty," he said, "We have a new student in your grade! You will be helping her with her locker, touring her around the school, establishing the rules, and showing her where her classes are. Her name is Kaylynn Mayhew." He sounded like he wanted to say something at the end, but stopped. Then started again. "Look, Morty, her dad is dead and her mom is an abusive alchoholic. Just, take it easy on her, okay?"

"O-ok."

"Great! She's in the office right now. Go get started." And with that I left to find Kaylynn.

When I walked into the office, I immediately noticed her sitting in a red armchair. She was really short, only about 4'9", two inches shorter than me. She had a blonde pixie cut, freckles sprinkled across her nose, big brown eyes, and she was wearing black faded glories, a navy blue skirt, and a white shirt. She also rocked a white spikey backpack. When she saw me, she stood up and shook my hand.

"Let's establish three things right now. One, I guarantee I'm older than you by at least a month. That's always the case. Two, yes, I belong in this grade. I'm aware that there are fourth graders taller than me, but I'm older. And three, I'm not a boy. Hence the skirt."
She said this all quickly and matter-of-factly, shaking my hand the whole time.

I like this girl. I mean, as a friend of course, but I like her. She's insistent and fierce and stern and strong and brave and kind.

I toured her around the school, then went back to class. I didn't see her for the rest of the day, but she was still in my mind.

Author's note: I used my own name because I couldn't thing of anything else. This whole story popped into my head when I realized that Morty deserves so much more than Jessica. Anyways, hope you enjoyed. Please continue.