A Ride to Hell

They'd all three had a bit of a talk, and Money decided to take Alex home, so they could speak man to man on the ride. Corinne was hesitant, but Alex insisted it was okay.

"Let me talk to him. I'll make him realize I love you", he had whispered to her. It was then Corinne went to her father, just as he was pulling his leather jacket on.

"You promise you won't kill him? Promise me, dad!", Corinne said, holding her father's hands.

"I promise you I will not kill Alex", Money responded. At his words Corinne smiled, wrapping her arms around her father and hugging him tightly.

"Thank you. I love you, daddy!", she sighed.

She pulled away from him then, giving him a kiss on the cheek before making her way to Alex, pulling him against herself and hugging him tightly. "I love you", she whispered in to his ear, but Money still heard. Anger rose in him but he had to hide it. He hated Alex so much. And hearing his daughter tell the boy she loved him, it was almost too much for him. He despised the kid. 

"I love you too", Alex whispered back with a smile.

"Let's go!", Money said abruptly, wanting to get the two away from each other as quickly as possible.

A few minutes later, Alex was following Money out to his truck, climbing in. It was an awkwardly silent ride. Money stared intently at the road. Alex kept trying to start conversation but the man ignored him. It wasn't until Money turned on to an unfamiliar road that he started talking.

"I won't let you hurt my baby girl", Money said.

"I would never, sir", Alex responded. But Money ignored his words once more.

"It'll take some time. But she'll get over you. She'll be mad at me for a while but I'll make her understand. I'll make her understand that I had to protect her from you and your father. The gang, we had to protect her. I'll keep my promise. I won't kill you. But that doesn't mean I won't protect her. She'll understand eventually", he said. Alex shifted uncomfortably in his seat, going pale.

"W-what? Where you going?", he asked, looking out the car window. "Money where are you- what do you mean? You told her you wouldn't kill me!", he said.

"I  won't", Money chuckled. "And I'll take care of her", Money responded. "She's my baby girl. She'll be fine. That kid, that kid might be your's but I'll take care of it. That's my grandbaby. My baby girl's baby. She has never wanted for anything and neither will that kid. She already knows that. She doesn't need you, she's got me. She'll realize that. That kid doesn't need you, it's got me", he said, not taking his eyes off the road.

"Y-you're- Where are you taking me?", Alex asked again, growing even more anxious.

"We're just going for a little detour", Money answered with a shrug, still looking at the road.

"M-Money I-", he said, his hand slowly reaching for the door handle, but before he could grab it he heard the "click" of the child locks locking so the doors won't open from the inside, Money pulling his hand away from the locks, smiling to himself as he watched the road.

"Money, Money I swear. I'd never hurt Corinne. I love her. I really do. You don't have to- please don't kill me", he said. Still, Money didn't take his eyes off the road, a smirk pulled at his lips.

Alex started panicking when he saw the headlights light up a circle of vehicles. Money had taken him out to the middle of nowhere, and was driving towards a group of parked cars. Men stood against the hoods of the vehicles, waiting. Money pulled the car to a stop, and jumped out of the truck, making his way over to Alex's side of the truck, ripping the door open and pulling him from the seat.