Lil' Extra Bit

I picked up my phone as it rang from my pocket.

"Hello?"

"How far away are you?" I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks for the polite greeting, Uncle Tony."

"You know your father would kill me if you weren't okay. Why are you even coming to visit, anyways?"

"D.M.I.T.R.I's malfunctioning and you asked me to come there instead of having me send him to you. Are you sure your brain's working right?"

"Yeah, yeah, it's just fine."

"You must just be getting old, then."

"I'm sorry, which one of us is older?" I was completely distracted by my conversation with Tony that I had completely disregarded reality, and ended up crashing into some kid. "Crap! I am so sorry..."

"What?"

"Sorry, Uncle Tony, I knocked somebody over. I'll call you back."

"Nice going Baby Rogers. Just make sure you call me back as soon as you're done there." I put my phone back into my pocket and crouched down.

"I'm so sorry about that. I was wrapped up in my phone conversation, it's my fault."

"No, no, it's fine. I wasn't- I wasn't looking where I was going." I picked up the guy's books and handed them to him. He was pretty tall, pale, and slightly muscular with a quirky smile.

"Guess we were both pretty distracted, huh?" He laughed at my observation.

"Looks like it." She shifted his books into one hand and extended the other. "I-I'm Peter, by the way. Parker." I smiled and shook his hand.

"Elanor Rogers. Nice to meet you." He just kind of stared for a second before letting go of my hand.

"It, uh, it sounded like you have somewhere to go, so I should... probably let you do that." I nodded.

"Yeah, I have to go meet my uncle. Hopefully I'll see you around, Peter Parker." I picked up my phone again and dialed Tony's number again. "What were we talking about again?"