|EPILOGUE|

Epilogue

"I know. God, I know. I love you too. Promise me it'll stay like this, Minho. Promise me you'll love me, because I didn't nearly go insane only for you to leave me in the future. Promise me you'll stay no matter what."

    "Always."

A WHIMPER BOUNCED off of the walls when Minho gently pressed a damp cloth to Chan's bloodied, throbbing knuckles. He was propped up on the sink, Chan between his thighs, a few hours after he'd finally broke through. Their heads still felt like they were in some sort of dream-like haze, occasionally pinching the other or themselves to make sure this was in fact real. It had all happened too quickly for their brains to process it all. But here they were, no wall separating them and hindering anything they wanted to do together. "Thanks, darling," Chan hushed when Minho finished wrapping his knuckles with the gauze.

    Minho offered him a tender smile and patted the tops of Chan's hands gently. "You should be more careful. We really need to clean up the mess too." Minho frowned at the idea of all the broken glass throughout the apartment. The images of Chan's tantrum never quite left his head; he didn't like the anger and hysteria Chan had shown from just a few short words from the younger. Of course, Minho was aware of the state of Chan's mind during the time, but seeing it in person was scary, and in a way, Minho felt guilty for feeling that way.

"I think you need a shower first, darling. You reek," Chan grinned cheekily, moving his wrapped up hands so they were massaging the younger's plush, dirt and blood ridden cheeks. Minho rolled his eyes and scowled at him, crossing his arms over his chest childishly, calling him out for being so rude. Chan chuckled lowly, for the first time in a very long time, and it sounded genuine and full of love. "I only speak the truth," Chan whined when Minho began to smack at his chest weakly. "I'll be right back." Something shifted in Minho when Chan moved away, and the younger desperately clutched at the back of his shirt and dragged him back.

"Don't go!" The request was quick and sharp, Chan slumping at the pleading tone behind the words. Minho looked shy when Chan met his eyes, nibbling on his lower lip when he realized that he was possibly being too selfish. He knew he was being silly, but Minho was scared. He was scared this was some sort of sick dream to make him believe that they weren't really together. That as soon as Chan walked out that door, he wouldn't come back. Chan smiled gently and placed his hands on the boy's thighs, rubbing gently and telling him he was just getting clothes. "Right... Sorry."

Chan giggled and grasped Minho's chin, pressing their lips together tenderly before pulling away, stroking his jawline. Chan slowly pulled himself out of Minho's grip, escaping out of the bathroom with his heart beating wildly in his chest. The soft grin never left his lips as he dodged the broken glass to grab a pair of oversized boxers and a red hoodie that reeked of Chan's cologne. He couldn't believe that Minho was finally here. Chan could finally touch and talk to Minho without the glass wall between each other. They were finally free and together and Chan couldn't be more hopeful of his future.