Prologue

Hi!!! I'm like totally new at writing stories, so I hope I do a pretty good job! My best friend is convinced I'll do a good job at writing fanfiction, so let's see. Hope y'all like this story, and tell me what chu think!

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Gakuen Alice (Alice Academy) they belong to the amazing Higuchi Tachibana; sorry for OOC-ness. This story is inspired by E.D.B.'s story.

"We can't let it happen again," Queen Yuka said, dabbing at the tears that glistened in her deep brown eyes. "An evil witch casting a horrible spell on my firstborn child was almost more than I could stand. Izumi and I have been frantic with worry ever since, and our poor little Hotaru has suffered so much. She can't even visit her grandparents because they refuse to banish spinning wheels from their kingdom."

"What a shame," said the fairy Hime, shaking her head in dismay.

"I banished all spinning wheels from Alicean the day after Hotaru's christening," said King Izumi.

The infant stirred in the queen's arms. Queen Yuka glanced down at her sleeping daughter, then back to the fairy dressed all in silver. "I don't know what I'd do if that nasty witch were to curse my sweet Mikan, too. It's time we planned my little darling's christening, but we wanted to consult you first."

"We were hoping you would be able to suggest something, Hime-san," said the king. "You are Yuka's favorite fairy godmother. Even in Alicean, the fairy of the Hanahime Glade is known as the wisest of all the fairies."

Hime pursed her lips as she tucked a lock of her midnight black hair back in place. She tapped her chin as she thought, then nodded and said, "I have a suggestion, but you aren't going to like it."

Queen Yuka glanced at her husband as another tear trickled down her flawless cheek. When the king nodded, his wife turned back to her fairy godmother. "It can't be worse than living in fear that our little girl is going to prick her finger and sleep for a hundred years. Whatever it is, we'll do it!"

"So be it," said Hime, taking her magic wand out of a purse made of flowers and cobwebs. "Your daughter shall receive only one magical gift, and it shall be mine." As the parents held their breath, the fairy raised her magic wand and tapped the sleeping infant on the forehead. "From this day on, no magic shall touch you or bring you any harm. You'll have to survive on your natural charm."

Sparkling fairy dust sprinkled down onto the little princess. The baby sneezed, opened her eyes, and began to cry.

"What did you mean about having to survive on her natural charm?" the king shouted over his daughter's squalling.

"Neither good nor bad magic can ever touch her now," the fairy replied as she tucked her wand back into her purse. "She's going to grow up a normal girl, without magic to make her beautiful or graceful or sweet."

Bending over the baby, the fairy kissed her forehead where the wand had touched her, then vanished in a puff of silver sparkles. The baby scrunched her tiny pink face and screamed until she was red as a beet.

The queen's hands began to shake. She glanced down and discovered that a freckle had appeared on the back of one of her own fingers. The king noticed it as well and gestured for the nanny to take the baby away.

"Oh, Izumi, what have we done?" asked the queen. "I'm afraid, my dear," the king replied, "that we might have just made a very big mistake."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that's the prologue! The first chapter will come in a couple days.

                                                                                                                        -lallen7799