1

September 1st, 2018

Dear Diary:

I believe I'm a good person. You know, I think that there's good in everyone, but-here we are! First day of senior year! And uh... I look around at these kids that I've known all my life and I ask myself-what happened?

School is not how it used to be. When we were young, around 14, we were all kind to each other and nobody would do anything bad.

High School came around and the whole world flipped. My fellow classmates started drinking, smoking, doing drugs. It's awful. I mean, Kim's almost always high, Chloe has become super slutty, and Alix always sleeps through class. It only gets worse. Adrien and Marinette are always making out in the hallway. Nathaniel has severe depression. Ugh! It's terrible.

The only normal people at this school are Rose and I. Well, she's normal, I'm emo.

I think I found out I have a crush on Rose because of everyone flipping the script for high school. I started spending as much time with her as I could so I could avoid drama. We grew closer than we were in middle school from that.

Back to the beginning. Senior year! I was determined to make my senior year great by doing the unimaginable.

Asking out Rose.

It would be hard to do, but I knew it had to be done.

Yours truly,
Juleka

______________________________________

I slowly closed my diary and stood up. I looked around at my fellow classmates to see if they got worse. And, no surprise, they did. That's great.

I approached Rose as she walked into the lobby of the school. She looked beautiful in pink with her blonde hair tucked neatly behind her ears.

"Rose!" I gasped, hugging the girl. She smiled as she hugged me back.

"It's good to see you, Juleka!" She laughed a bit. "Hmm... New hair dye?" She asked me.

"Yeah." I replied, beaming. I love how she always notices the little things. That's one of the reasons I fell in love with her in the first place.

Suddenly, the bell rang, signaling class to start. I picked up my belongings and headed off to first hour with Rose.

---

Okay! That's all for today! Don't forget to comment and vote! And yes, the beginning was quoted from Heathers, as it is one of my top 10 favorite musicals.

-KatiesMany_Fandoms