22~Confessions

"Y-you do?" Thomas stutters in disbelief. I smile at his awkwardness.
"Of course I do. I have for a while now," I sigh.
"Why didn't you tell me, love?" Thomas asks softly. I think about it before answering him. I guess I never really considered that maybe telling him was key to him knowing. Oops.
"I don't know. I guess I was scared. Scared of rejection, scared of what happened with Jason happening again.... it doesn't matter why," I shrug it off. "And anyway, I could ask you the same thing! Why didn't you tell me you liked me BEFORE you left for America?"
"I guess the same reason as you - I was scared you'd reject me and stop being friends, and the thought that I wouldn't see you again killed me, love," Thomas sighs. "I couldn't risk losing you - I can't risk losing you."
"You won't lose me, Tommy," I whisper, brimming with happiness at the thought that he cares about me so much.

There's a pause for a minute and I can practically here the wheels in his brain turning.
"You know, it would be a lot easier to talk about this if you were actually here," Thomas chuckles sadly. Or if you were here, I find myself thinking.
"Yeah, it would," I sigh. Thomas is about to reply when Dylan calls his name in the background, sounding impatient. Nothing new there then.

Thomas huffs in frustration. "I'm really sorry, love, but I've gotta go deal with this moron. I'll call you later, yeah? Then we can continue this... conversation," he explains.
"Yeah sure. You go do what ya gotta do. I look forward to our.... conversation later. Bye Tom," I say, giggling.
"Bye Aria."
I sigh and end the call, sliding down the wall I was leaning against with the goofiest expression ever on my grinning face.

I can't believe he likes me back. Me. He likes ME. Lil old me.

I've got to see him.

I grab my laptop off the kitchen table and click into the nearest airport's website as fast I can. I've been saving up money for a while and now seems as good a time as ever to use it. I mean, this counts as an emergency, right?

I book the earliest ticket I can to leave for America to surprise Thomas, which just happens to be for tomorrow morning. Grinning like a lovesick fool, I run into my bedroom and grab my suitcase from under my messily-made bed, throwing random pieces of clothing haphazardly into it without checking what they actually are. My common sense kicks in soon after and I dump all the clothes out again, sighing. I need to think this through. Would Thomas really want to see me? Would he be ok with me just rocking up out of nowhere? I guess there's only one way to find out...

***Thomas's POV***

"What do you want?" I ask Dylan impatiently.
"Were you talking to Aria?" he smirks, dodging my question.
I run my hand through my hair and try to keep a massive grin off my face. "Yeah.."
He smiles knowingly at me. "Ah, young love. What a beautiful thing to behold."
I groan and bury my head in my hands. "Shut up, Dylan. And seriously, what was so important that you just had to interrupt my phone call?"
"Yeah, about that.... I just wanted to know if you'd seen my phone anywhere?" He offers me a nervous grin, rubbing the back of his neck. I stare at him in disbelief.
"Let me get this straight - you interrupted what might well have been one of the most important conversations in my life, because you can't find your bloody phone?" I ask, incredulous.
"That about sums it up, yeah."
I sigh and close my eyes, giving up. "Your room. Top drawer on the right," I grumble.
"Thank you!" Dylan sings. "Love ya, dude!" He winks at me and walks out of the room, and I roll my eyes. I really miss Aria.

- - - - -

Hey guys! School's out for the summer now and my exams are finished so I'll have loads of time to write :-)
The chapters will get longer, promise! Thanks for reading xx