Chapter Seven: The Trap

Wind rushed through the crack in the door, Satine could feel it on her cheeks as she surveyed the old tower from inside. From the corner of her eyes she could see Kenobi walked the leftmost wall. A deep hum rolled in the distance caused the two to make eye contact.

“I didn’t expect a storm,” Kenobi said.

Satine shook her head, “neither did I nor the scanners.” The building was ancient, the staircase looked as if it would crumble under the weight of a small lifeform.

“It’s too late to turn back now,” Satine mumbled reaching into her cloak for the holodevice. The soft hum of the signal eliminated off the old walls, a red dot faded in and out of the tracker.

"We’re in the right place according to your tracker, might as well check it out,” Kenobi said, heading for the stairs. She looked over to the jedi, there was something in his voice that told her otherwise.

“Wait,” she said, taking a quick step forward. The ground below her crumbled away, sinking Satine’s leg into the trap. Like it was a reflex, Kenobi turned around and reached out for the woman, barely grasping her hand in time before the floor fell away, creating a circular hole. Kenobi dug his heels into the uneven ground, struggling to maintain his grip of the duchess. Their eyes locked in panic, both breathless.

“I’ve got you,” he whispered calling on the force to pull her out. The two looked into each other’s eyes, silently reassuring one another as he pulled her into his embrace.

Blaster fire ricocheted off the walls and came in contact with Satine’s leg. She let out a scream of pain, her grip on the jedi tightened as she wobbled backwards. Stomping filled their ears as droids flooded the building. Kenobi reached for his hidden saber and deflected as best he could before he lost balance. They fell. Kenobi pulled Satine above him and held onto her, wrapping the force around the them bracing for the inevitably unknown impact. The wind deafened the duchess and the jedi until they slammed into the ground, the sound rung off the walls as the two of them slipped into an unconscious state.