Kyle Broflovski X Reader

It wasn't like you were the type who would constantly find yourself hating on things, or people. But, that one specific kid was enough to annoy you. Both of you were always competing to see who was, in fact, the smartest kid. You knew it was a stupid, childish thing, but for fuck's sake, the guy was a complete show-off!

In every single class, he would have to be the one to raise his hand (higher than actually needed), and then smile, answering any silly question as if he was answering the greatest question in the universe, or if he had just figured the meaning of life. Knowing U.S. history is quite far from discovering what has brought humanity to where it is right now, even if some people will still disagree about it.

However, there was one tiny detail that couldn't be ignored.

You could absolutely detest how awfully proud of his own brains that kid was, but you had the same group of friends, (and both of you secretly felt bad for Cartman, ended up trying to be his friend, never knowing exactly how to tell him he was horrible, and you didn't want to see him ever again).

You would go to the movies with your friends? There he was. Sitting right next to you during the whole film. You would go play video games at Stan's? There he was.

Without nothing left to be done, you decided to simply let it be, and accept his company.

To be fair, the same you from a few years ago would be loving this entire situation. You had to admit, when you were all ten, six years ago, you had an ultimate crush on Kyle.

At some point of your life, your feelings changed. You weren't certain of how, why or when exactly, but they did, and you never felt the same way for him again. Differently from other couples that resisted middle-school, and then kept on surviving throughout high school, like Craig and Tweek.

Either ways, your feelings for the red-haired Jew were gone for a considerable time. And, even if you still believed he was one of the cutest boys in class, not much could be done to change your perspective of the show-off nerd he was.

And things were supposed to stay that way. Until the storm arrived. You both failed the same subject. Who could tell that failing sociology was even possible? Even Cartman would easily pass those classes, and Cartman had no idea of sociology whatsoever.

"Maybe, I mean, just maybe," Wendy said, turning around in the middle of math class to talk to you, chewing gum, and playing with her hair, "You could stop being a proud bitch and do what I told you to do"

"I don't think we're close enough for you to call me a proud bitch," you mumbled, still attempting to pay attention at class.

"I'm serious, asshole," she rolled eyes, taking your pen from your hands, and throwing it on the floor, as a way of catching your full attention, "That teacher is insane, he doesn't want any of the students to fail. I mean, I don't think he ever considered that failing in his subject was possible and all"

"Why, thank you, Wendy, that's really nice"

"Just tell him that you and Kyle are up to do a paper about whatever shit you want to, instead of taking another test," she shrugged, picking your pen for you, "Stop being a bitch about it, Kyle is kind of an idiot, but so are you"

As much as you hated to admit it, Wendy was annoyingly correct. You swallowed up your pride, and decided to suggest doing a paper with Kyle. You walked down the halls, feeling as if you had just lost a battle, and only stopped to meet Kyle near his locker. "Hey," you said, waving, trying to sound as sympathetic as possible.

"Hi?" The ginger answered, looking at you in a very odd way, almost as if he were analyzing every single part of your soul, searching for whatever had brought you to talk to him. "What do you want?"