Chapter I

„Loki, come on, hurry up!" Thor stopped his white horse as his deep voice died among trees in  the sound of nature. Nervously he looked over his shoulder, careful not to leave his younger brother too far behind.

Thor was the eldest son of Odin, the crown prince of Asgard and probably one of the best fighters  Asgardian army had to offer. He might seem brute at first, but those, who knew him better, saw him as honorable and big-hearted individual.

Thor was dressed for a warm summer day, wearing a simple wide crimson shirt and leather pants. Red was color for royals, often worn by his father, but, as Thor got older, he had adapted it as his own. It contrasted well with his blond hair and light blue eyes. He looked like a true prince, who was often compared to his father, the great Odin, king of Asgard, the God and defender of Nine Realms.

 He looked like a true prince, who was often compared to his father, the great Odin, king of Asgard, the God and defender of Nine Realms

A wide grin crossed Thor's face, when he heard the sound of the running horse not far from him. It took some time, but soon the image of a black stallion Bolt, with his brother Loki on its back, emerged from the trees.

Loki pulled on the reins as the animal gave out a breath of repugnance. The stallion arched its neck backwards and made a small turn before it stopped completely, only few yards away from Thor. Loki glared at Thor, who greeted him with a wide grin.

At this moment, anyone, who would be able to compare Loki and Thor, would be confused to find out that two of them were related. Unlike Thor, who was tanned, buff and blonde, Loki was rather slim with ivory skin and coal black eyebrows and hair. Even his eyes were green, unlike his brother, who possessed his father's lucid blue eye color. Also, his clothing was nothing like Thors'. Loki seemed to be less about comfort and more about class. He often chose the shades of dark green and deep blue. Even today he was wearing a well fitted shirt in a deep emerald shade and black leather pants which were decked with few golden plates.

"Are you out of your mind?" Loki spoke, his voice well composed but melodic. "You changed the path? You have to tell me these kinds of things! The woods are dangerous with their cliffs and sinkholes! You should know that!"

"Loki," Thor responded with a joyful laughter, you know these woods well enough! Maybe even better than I do!"

Loki wanted to argue, but he knew that Thor was right. Loki had spent a lot more time in the woods during his childhood, while Thor was forced to lead his days in a training field, preparing himself for the warfare and the battles to come.

"Okay, let's go!" Thor hailed as he urged his white stallion to pick up the pace. Loki shook his head in response, but did the same to Bolt as both horses rushed down the path they had chosen.

Princes rode through the pleasant shade of trees as the sun cast a golden light over the green grass. The valley was filled with thousands, maybe millions of different plants, beings and diverse reliefs. There, in the woods of Asgard, cliffs changed to meadows and large hills turned into valleys most of which were inhabited by farmers. The nature here was variegated and calm at the same time, and it was hard to imagine that just few miles away stood the magnificent capital city of this land.