chapter 6: Helixs' birthday part II

I was definatly right about the awkwardness of lunch with Helix, Jeremiah, and the hysterical Aubrey. Aubrey practically dragged me to the bathroom.

"So were you and Helix, like, about to make out or something?"

"um, no, he hugged me, Aubrey. I dunno what youre talking about with the making out and shit."

"So you were just hugging....honestly, i saw the look on his face when he did it...and he looked like he was reluctant to let go." i raised an eyebrow at her, and left the bathroom, with her trailing right behind me.

I took the corner bar-stool, and Aubrey sat next to me, then Jeremiah, then a sad looking Helix. I frowned at the menu, and Aubrey ordered fries for her and i to share...Helix and Jeremiah ordered burgers. our orders arrived, and oddly enough, Helix and i both grabbed for the barbeque sauce at the same time. we both held onto it, but my grip slacked, causing barbeque sauce to fling onto the hanging light above Helixs' head. He let out an exasperated laugh, and sighed out, "coulda been worse, coulda landed in my...."He stopped abruptly as a gloop of barbeque dropped onto his bangs. His face went blank as he glared sideways at me, but i was pretending to pay attention to something else. all of a sudden a drop of mustard was flung at the tip of my nose. i went crosseyed to glare down at it. then i raised an eyebrow at Helix who was grinning from ear to ear.

hell, if hes gonna do that i may as well have some fun while im at it...

I asked, "you sure you wanna go down this road, birthday boy?" He grinned even wider, if at all possible. I called over the server and asked, "do you happen to have liquified peanut butter?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we came out covered in Peanut butter, hot fudge, Icecream and butterscotch. we also came out with a twenty dollar fine for condiment fighting inside of the resteraunt. I offered to pay for it, and Helix took me up on the offer, seeing as im the one who "Started the condiment fight".

we walked the five minute walk to Helixs' house, and we all took one look at the sprinkler and jumped at the opportunity.

We all jumped and ran around like the little kids we are, then of course, we had a crashing point. Me and Aubrey sat on the couch, and eventually fell asleep, despite our wet clothes. Helix and Jeremiah went upstairs and grabbed blankets for all of us.

when everyone settled down, Me and Aubrey had the couch to ourselves, and the boys took the floor. after ten minutes, me and Aubrey were out like a light.

I felt the covers get yanked off, and i shivered. after a few seconds, someone (most likely Helix) put them back over me. I hear a smack, then an "ow!" from what sounded to be Jeremiah. I smiled, then fell back asleep.