Chapter 1... (introduces Riley/ Blade and his sister)

"Stop, please stop" i whimper.

"Why? You deserve this!" He growls. Cutting deeper. I try to scream out but it only makes it worse.

"You deserve to die" he whispers in my ear as he cuts deeper. I'm going in and out of consciousness.  "I am going to kill you, just not yet. You deserve to be tortured " he hisses.

I shoot up in my bed, screaming, my body covered in sweat. My little sister comes running in.

"Riley are you okay?" Emily asks softy, climbing into my bed to lay next to me. She's the only one that can call me Riley.

"Yeah I'm okay bunny" i answer using the nickname my mother used to call her.

I pull her closer to me, her small 7 year old arms wrapping around my neck. I hug her close to my body. This little girl is my life without her i don't think i would be able to live. She is the only person i will ever open up to. She's like a daughter to me. She's the only person that can get past the walls i built around my heart. I'm her mom, her dad, her brother, her everything.  When something happens to her she comes to me. She sometimes slips and calls my dad which i don't mind because she is more like my daughter than my sister.

"Riley I hate it when your sad and you say you can't tell me whats wrong" She says frowning with tears forming in her eyes.

I hate seeing her like this. I just cant tell her what my night terrors are or who is the cause of them. I know she wonders how i got the scar on my face she was to young to remember when it happen. I'm pretty sure for as long as she can remember I have had this ugly scar. I usually try to hide it from her she doesn't need to see the nasty thing. The only time she sees it is when its dark or i dont feel like hiding it. Which isnt often.

"Awe honey. You don't need to worry about me. Would it make you feel better if  I let you sleep in here to night?" i say/question softly. 

"Please Riley.  I'll even wake up early for school tomorrow so you won't be late again. " Emily says hopeful.

"Of course you can that's why i asked you silly bunny." I say jokingly trying to lift her sad and worried mood.

It seemed to work as she smiles softly at me before yawning.

"Okay bed time" i say moving the covers to the side so she can get under them. she rests her head on one of my spare pillows and cuddles up to my black quilt. Guess ill take a shower in the morning. 

"Goodnight Riley. " She whispers tiredly.

"Goodnight bunny " I say back getting in a comfortable position to go to sleep.

Not soon after i hear Emily's soft snores. I stay awake for about an hour or two longer just thinking.  I will probably never be able to tell Emily the truth about what happen to our mom. what happen to my face, or that our father was a psychopath. She would hate me if she found out what i did. I cant handle that she's all i have. Thoughts of what to do when she gets older and more curious rush through my mind like a never ending river.  I soon feel myself drifting off to sleep with a frown on my forever smiling face.

A/N:

THIS IS SHORT I KNOW BUT THIS IS JUST TO INTRODUCE RILEY OR BLADE WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL HIM AND HIS SISTER EMILY. THE NEXT CHAPTERS WILL BE LONGER THAN THIS ONE . I WILL UPLOADED THE SECOND CHAPTER WHEN I GET AT LEAST 3 VOTES ON THIS CHAPTER. :)

THE BOOK IS JUST STARTING PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND THE CHAPTER WILL GET BETTER.  WELL ...

VOTE.

COMMENT

FAN/FOLLOW ME.

~MOONSPIRITZ