Severus Snape

"Well, well, well. Remus Lupin. What does the werewolf need me for?" Severus asked, his voice icy and cold. Remus sighed. He had never gotten along with Severus and he knew that asking for help was not going to be easy.

"You remember James, right?" Remus asked, knowing the answer would be yes.

"What do you think?" Severus snapped. Remus closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Well, his son, Harry came into our care recently. And just a few days ago he was kidnapped by a death eater," Remus said as he attempted to keep his voice from shaking, as it was hard to talk about.

"What, you think I took the little brat?" Severus asked. Remus shook his head.

"No, but Harry came back rather hurt and beaten. I was wondering if you could spare any potion for a couple of things," Remus said quietly. There was silence for a bit as Severus contemplated the idea of helping the friend of his old nemesis.

"What kind of potions?" Severus asked quietly and bitterly. 

"Er, I was thinking some for nightmares, and one for scars," Remus replied.

"Very well. I will have them to you as soon as possible," and with a small pop, Severus was gone. Remus sighed. That was a relief. He threw some more powder into the fireplace and the head of Poppy Pomfrey popped up.

"Remus?" she said quizzically. 

"As I'm sure you haven't heard, Harry was kidnapped and tortured. We got him back, but I was wondering if you had any ideas for helping him cope with it," Remus said.

"Oh. Well, I'm glad that he's safe. If I remember correctly, he was very mature for his age. I would recommend a potion that would help him act more his age. Young kids seem to cope with loss and pain much better than older kids as they have a poor memory, while older kids seem to hide even though it still haunts them on the inside. Perhaps you could talk to Severus Snape. He is an excellent potion brewer," Poppy remarked.

"I did. Thank you so much for the advice," Remus said. She nodded at him. The flames went back to normal. Remus once more called Severus up.

"I talked to Poppy and she recommended also a potion to help Harry act more his age. Can you manage?" Remus asked, crossing his fingers.

"Of course." Remus got up and went back to Harry's bedroom where he was sitting on his bed, fingering a long scar that ran across his thigh. Remus walked over and sat down by Harry.

"How are you doing?" Remus asked. Harry shrugged. Remus sighed and held out his hand. Harry took it firmly and followed Remus to his own bedroom. 

"Do you want to sleep on my bed or Sirius's?" Remus asked.

"Sirius." Remus nodded when he suddenly smiled mischievously.

"Harry, I've got a very good idea. Do you want to know what it is?" Remus whispered. 

"Um, yes," Harry replied.

"How about you get under Sirius's covers. He won't know that you're there. Then when he comes to lay down you can jump out and yell boo to scare him. Want to do that?" Remus asked, still whispering. Harry nodded, a grin slowly forming on his adorable little face. Remus chuckled and ruffled Harry's hair. He then picked Harry up and placed him under Sirius's bed covers, making sure to cover him up all the way.

"Can you still breathe?" Remus asked quietly.

"Yes," Harry breathed back. A moment later, Sirius came into the room, wrapped in his towel. As he pulled on his pajamas he whistled.

"Where's Harry?" Sirius asked absentmindedly. 

"Oh, I believe that he is getting a glass of water," Remus said slyly. He heard a small giggle from Harry under the covers and had to gently nudge him as to remind him to remain quiet.

"What was that?" Sirius asked, glancing around the room.

"It was me, I think something at dinner didn't quite agree with me," Remus said loudly so that Harry could hear him. He heard another soft chuckle from Harry. Remus smiled, Sirius didn't notice. Sirius got up and headed over to his bed, stretching. Just as he touched the covers, Harry sat up and screamed boo as loud as he could. Sirius shot back into the wall. Harry giggled like mad as Remus roared with laughter. Eventually, Sirius grinned back at them, sheepishly. 

"Alright, you got me," he said, raising his hands up as if in surrender. He ran over and scooped Harry up.

"We got you!" Harry laughed back. Sirius mimicked him as he set Harry down. Remus smiled. It felt so good to see Harry act happy and silly.

"Alright, it's bedtime," Remus said as he lifted Harry onto Sirius's bed and headed over to his own. He flicked his wand and the light went off. 

"Good night," Sirius mumbled loudly.

"'Night!" Harry squeaked.

"Don't let the bed bugs bite," Remus murmured. 

"What bed bugs?" came the worried voice of Harry.

"No, Harry, not for real. We're just being silly."

"Oh! Sirius, there's a spider on you," Harry said.

"What?!" Sirius cried as he leapt up.

"Not for real, I'm being silly too!" Harry giggled.

"I'm gonna get you tomorrow!" 

"Will you two shut up?" Remus asked. Sirius and Harry stifled their giggles as they slowly went to sleep.