Part 25

Yoongi was not breathing anymore. The deep cut in his throat had made him lost too much blood.

The others couldn't move at all.

Suddenly a notification appeared.

There was a picture of Yoongi's character which was the round brown creature and a word that said 'DIED'. Their eyes widen in shock. Namjoon peeked into Yoongi's laptop and he saw Yoongi's character fading away.

"Y-yoongi Hyung is dead." Jungkook stuttered as he checked his pulse.

"His character died too." Namjoon added.

"Does that mean.. we're all gonna die once our characters are killed?" Hoseok shrieked. "Let's not continue this game!" He closed his laptop but suddenly a loud and ear-piercing beep came from it.

He opened it again with shaky hands.

You must not exit the game or stop playing unless you want to die. There's still a chance that you will survive :)

All of them got the same message in their screens.

They looked at each other.

"I don't think the killer is among us." Namjoon said.

"How do you know?? One of us should have gotten the message earlier!" Jimin's eyes showed fear.

"Let's be honest." Namjoon looked at every one of them in the eyes. "This is for our safety." He continued.

"Who got the message saying that you're this round's main character?"

Everyone stayed quiet. They looked at each other and shook their head.

"Who's the main character?" Jungkook broke the silence.

"Check your messages once more. Maybe you missed an information!" Namjoon ordered.

Everyone fished their phones from their pockets.

Suddenly, seven messages arrived.

Namjoon read his out loud.

"Pdxuktxdpzbkdydbuty." He spelled the letters one by one which was weird.

"What does that mean?" Taehyung asked.

"I don't know." Namjoon shrugged. "Does this have to something do with the letters in the keyboard?"

"Hmm.. let's try to figure this out." Jin said.

"I think I have ever found this kind of thing when I was playing a riddle game." Jungkook said, being the experienced gamer he was.

"Try seeing one letter or two letters before it or after it." He continued. The others knitted their eyebrows in confusion.

"Example.. the letter P. The letter before it is O and two letters before it is I. But if you see the letter after it, it will be Q and W." Jungkook explained while pointing to Jimin's keyboard in his phone.

"Get a paper and a pencil then." Taehyung told Hoseok.

He got up and looked for them in his drawers. He went back holding a plain notebook and a pencil.

Namjoon took it from his hands and started writing the letters.

"Let's start by looking at one letter behind it." Hoseok said.

Namjoon started writing, Jungkook guided him.

"O.. S.. Z.. Y.."

"That doesn't make sense." Jimin snapped. "Two letters behind it?" He suggested.

"I..A..M.." Namjoon stopped. "T..H..E.. M..A..I..N.. C..H..A..R..A..C..T..E..R.."