nineteen

March, 2016

"The tribute to the two college students who got caught in an accident last month is happening now. In front of the girl's university, there were thousands of candles lining up. As for the other student, he is still in -"

Yanjun turned the tv off, not wanting to listen to what his girlfriend experienced.

He took out a newspaper, reading more details about the accident, but when he reached a certain name, he crumpled it and threw it in the trash.

Yuzhu, why were you the one who had to go? Why not him?

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"You piece of -!" Yanjun exclaimed, grabbing Lao Yue's collar as they returned to the fairy world. "Are you fucking with me?!"

"Yanjun, stop -!" Chaoze tried to pull Yanjun away from the old fairy.

"What the hell is going on?!" Ziyang entered the room, pointing a spear at Yanjun, "Why is your human attacking Lao Yue?"

Chaoze was succeeded in pulling Yanjun away but the boy was still pissed.

Lao Yue coughed, trying to catch his breath. "I - I believe you've seen Zhangjing's past."

Yanjun removed himself from Chaoze's hold and clenched his fists, "Tell me that was a glitch! Tell me that the guy back there isn't Zhangpang!"

Chaoze pushed him a bit, "Stop it, Yanjun!"

Ziyang's eyes wandered to Yanjun then to Lao Yue, then to the open book on the table, "You sent them there?!"

Lao Yue sat down, "They wanted to know. Bu Fanfan assigned me here so that I can answer people's curiousity."

"Well, now that it's been answered," Chaoze said, standing in front of Yanjun to prevent him from attacking the old man again. "Thank you, Lao Yue. We'll be on our way."

Ziyang nods his head as he lead them out but before Yanjun could take a step out of the office, Lao Yue spoke up.

"I hope you're satisfied Lin Yanjun. It's what you've always wanted anyway."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"What were you thinking?!" Chaoze asked as they walked out of the mushroom. "You could've killed yourself!"

Yanjun scoffed, "What's he gonna do, blast me to death?"

Chaoze rolled his eyes at him, "You're lucky Ziyang was there. Lao Yue holds back whenever he's around."

The boy ignored him as he walked towards the big tree, "You don't believe that was Zhangpang's past, do you? Maybe Lao Yue sent us to a different -"

"No," Chaoze interjected. "That was definitely Zhangpang."

"Fine," Yanjun gritted his teeth. "If you're going to believe that old fairy, it's up to you. But I don't."

Chaoze sighed, crossing his arms, "You don't want to believe it because you know what's going to happen next."

"W-what?"

"I read You Zhangjing's medical records and I get why you attacked Lao Yue liked that. You don't want to believe it because -"

Chaoze eyed Yanjun before continuing, looking for guilt, and sure enough there was. The fairy read his face, as he showed more emotions of pity and anxiety.

"Because what?" Yanjun asked, ignoring his gaze.

"You Zhangjing was the person behind the car that Yuzhu crashed into."