The sweet lie

Chapter 25: The sweet lie

She is lying on the bed feeling her baby growing inside her. There is a smile on her lips as she felt movement of a small bundle of joy inside her and it's heartbeat. This is the the only feeling illuminate her dark life. But her smile vanished instantly as the thought of his father came to her mind. It twitch her heart to know he only care for his baby but her? The emptiness in her heart never fill up.

Why I am thinking about that rakshas? He meant nothing to me.. I remarked and turn to other side of bed cuddling to the soft pillow. Her mobile beep. She open her eyes and to view her mobile. It is Nk's message.

She flinch and got up angrily pacing in the empty room of the bed. It strike 11 pm but sleep is far from her eyes. How can he think about me like that? Irritated, she deleted his message not wish to see his face after that. By knowing everything about my past, how can he propose me in front of my family. Upon that, buaji is pressurizing me for this marriage. Why don't she understand, i can't marry him. He is my friend, just a friend. THAT'S IT. There is no place for any man in my life. I don't want to depend on anyone after receiving the heartbreak. My only goal is my baby and our future. The first thing I will do in morning is to meet nk and reject this proposal. With that thought, she lay down to bed when a sudden sound startled her.

Ka..aauun..hain? (Whose this?) She gulped in fear and slowly reach near the window with a stick. By seeing no one she relieved but suddenly she found a man jumping inside.

Khushi: Who are you? What do you want..? She lift the stick in air. He had his back facing her and about to turn when in a microsecond, she bang it on his head.

Arnav: Owww...are you nuts.. Twisting her one hand, he pull it behind her waist and she landed on his chest.

Khushi: Chor chor bachao..amma..buai..jiji.. (Thief..thief)He came near her and press her mouth preventing her from screaming out. Her eyes widen by his proximity.

Arnav: Shut up just shut up..It me.. It took her time to recover from the shock and analyse him. After she get under his control, he left her and grab his head wincing in pain.

Khushi: Hey DM.. Arnavjii..AAP..Hume maaf kar dijiye hume laga woh.. (Forgive me. I thought it is..)

Arnav: Do I look chor to you.. She feel sorry and guide him to the bed. Placing his head on his lap, she carried her dupatta and blow him. He look at her face closely.

Khushi: Is it paining too much..Boliye na..? He smile and touch her face, by which she close her eyes. His breathe fan to her face as he lean to her. She get uncomfortable realizing their position and move away immediately, she switch her gaze to other side.

Arnav: How is my baby doing? Seductively, his finger making circle to her belly bringing her to the edge of sanity. She get breathless and got up before removing herself from him, but he held her hand and kiss her knuckles.

Khushi: Yeh aap kya kar rahe.. (What are you doing?) She took away her hand and rose up when a hand on her waist made her lost her balance her. The sudden action made her to fall upon him.

Arnav: Khushi, are you okay? Did you get hurt? Did the baby hurt? He touch her belly out of concern. His every question express his nervousness to her. A pain arise to her soul assuming all his concern and love only for his baby, not for her.

Why my love meant nothing to you? Why you love Lavanya ji so much? She spoke through her eyes.

Their gaze struck to each other for quite longer time. A wave passed through her evoking the old feelings for him, until she been remembered by the reality of their relationship that meant nothing to him. She pushed him and angrily get up before composing herself from the harsh truth.