Chapter 13. Sweet Dream

Relaxing sound of waves, the seagulls singing, and the rustling of palm trees behind her intertwined into a beautiful chant. The sea breeze gently swooped her face, playing with her hair and her dress.

She opened her eyes to see the most beautiful sunset she had ever seen in her whole life. Half of the sun was already drowned, the sky was painted with every color. Blue, pink, red, yellow.. Tiny, crescent moon shyly showed itself on the sky, sprinkled with a few stars twinkling above her head.

She caught her breath at those sight. She close her eyes, inhaling the beach air as much as she could.

"Enjoying the view?"

Elizabeth was startled by a sudden voice across her. She turned towards it, only to see Loki stood a few feet away from her.

"Why are you here?" Then she realized the more notable question. "Why am I here?"

Loki's long, black robe fluttered, and the wind blew through his hair. He gazed at her, slightly squinting his eyes because of the wind.

"This is all made up" he said as he walked closer to her. "It needed my upmost effort to get into that little head of yours."

"Y-you mean this is my hallucination?" she said doubtfully.

"Your dream, darling,"

Her heart skipped a beat when he called her that. All these wind blowing and the sunlight on him gave her this.. strange feeling. He really didn't look so bad.

"Don't you dare darling me," she grumbled. "Where am I?"

"Your real body? It's still there where you left it. They just finished fixing you up."

He smiled as he enjoyed the scenery. Right then, his face was so peaceful. She didn't see any trace of his hatred, pain, or distrust in his eyes.

"Why do you do this?" she asked.

Loki glanced at her for a moment before he looked away.

"I thought I had to come to you first, otherwise you wouldn't see me again."

"Hm, you read my mind."

"I apologized several times, Elizabeth. That's already so much below me," Suddenly he stiffened, his body distorted like a scene from a vintage television.

"What happened?" She reached out her hand to touch him but stopped, wondering if his body was tangible.

Loki then grabbed her hand.

Oh, I guess it is, she thought.

"I don't have much time left. Your body is regaining its strength and it is pushing me out."

She froze, didn't know how to react.

"Just tell me what I could do to make this better," he stared into her.

Under the surface of that demanding face, Elizabeth sensed his distraught mind. He was.. begging, in possibly the most disrespectful way.

Her heart softened for him.

"I will think of it."

"But-"

"I will come to you," she said, suppressing her smile. "When I thought of something."

Loki, on the other hand, seemed like he forgot to hide his smile.

After that, the beach, along with Loki in it, faded into black and she felt herself being pulled back.

Elizabeth opened her eyes. She smiled from ear to ear, knowing for sure that the dream she just had was real.

***

3 days later.

Elizabeth stretched her body. The pain had almost gone completely, except for her wings. They were still somewhat sore.

She did heal a lot faster than normal humans.

During these 3 days, Elizabeth put a lot of thought into Loki's request.

There was actually one thing that she had been wanting for so long..

She was feeling very excited but she pulled herself together. She must be cool in front of him.

Chill.

She breathed in and out a few times before she stepped into Loki's confinement room.

She held her head high and walked down the stairs as gracefully as she could, holding her hand behind her back. She looked down to Loki.

He was walking back and forth in his cell, hands on his back. Soon he realized that someone was coming and he looked up. He couldn't help but to smile when he saw her, staring until she arrived right in front of his cell.

"You came."

"I told you I would," she said. "Unlike someone, I always keep my promises."

Loki winced at the sharp criticism.

"Why do you want this anyway? Why would you want to repair.. this?"

He fell silent for a moment. "I guess I grew fond of... your regular visits."

Elizabeth smiled widely, but quickly composed herself. She cleared her throat.

"Hereby, I am giving a chance to you, Loki, to restore my trust that you have once broken."

Loki bowed his back with one arm out, making Elizabeth giggled.

"Take me to Disneyland."