NEW CAMPAIGN NAME

Salaam y'all,

Hope you and your families are having a blessed Ramadan so far, inshaAllah.

As some of you may have noticed already, I made some significant changes to this profile. Instead of being called "ProjectBeyondtheVeil" I have changed the campaign name to "FreetheMuslimWoman."

You may recall some time ago, I have asked for your opinion on whether I should keep the name "ProjectBeyondtheVeil" or change it to what it is now. Most of you have actually said I should keep the old name, so I did. 

But to be honest guys, I'm not feeling so confident about that campaign name any more. Alhamdulillah, I've been running this account for almost two whole years now, and with all that time, I strongly feel the need to make some changes around here. 

I want a campaign name that instantly makes it clear as to what my movement is about, where a person doesn't have to click on my profile and read a book just to learn that. The name should be enough. The name #ProjectBeyondtheVeil is very vague, and does not indicate that the movement is here to support Muslims or has anything to do with Muslims. #FreetheMuslimWoman on the other hand, makes the purpose of the campaign very clear. A person who stumbles upon this account instantly knows who the movement is here to support and does not have to read my book or so much as click on my profile just to learn that. Basically, I need a good attention-grabber, and I feel that this new campaign name would be a better fit than what I had before. It also makes it easier for anyone who's looking for an account that specifically has to do with Muslim women. 

So with that being said, I'm sure many of you are wondering what's going to happen to the books that are already tagged #ProjectBeyondtheVeil? And the answer is, nothing has to happen to them! You do not have to remove the tag or sticker from your story if you don't want to. It is completely up to you. If you still want to keep the #ProjectBeyondtheVeil movement alive, by all means go ahead :)

The purpose of this update is to announce the launch of a new campaign, #FreetheMuslimWoman. As you may recall me explaining before, the reason why I chose this campaign name is because for awhile I noticed that I have been doing a lot of activities solely related to Muslim women rather than both women and men. Last year, I published the book called "Women in Islam" and a few months ago I started our very first rant book called "My Thoughts as a Muslim Women." For these reasons, I felt that I might as well change my account name to make it more clear to people that this is what I'm mainly focusing on. 

Lastly, I would like to thank everyone who has showed their support towards this campaign and has read "Women in Islam." Whether you had questions, wanted to debate with me, or left some nice comments, I really appreciate all that you've done. Every single feedback, whether positive or negative, has helped me grow and improve in some way, and for that I'm truly grateful. 

Feel free to let me know how you feel about this new change, or if you have any suggestions on what I should do next. I'll soon be uploading the book "What is #FreetheMuslimWoman?" , as well as a link to the new campaign sticker, so keep an eye out for my messages! Thank you.