01

____________________

// Chapter One: //
Nadia Alistair
____________________

Nadia scrolled through a website filled with places that are for rent-- she got herself in a sticky situation-- her best friend's land lady can't handle her ruckus anymore, so either she moves out or they both move out, being the kind hearted person she is. She'd rather move out than have both of them homeless.

"Nadi, you don't have to move out. We'll try to negotiate with her! We can tell her you'd try to lessen the noise you make." Mei said, with a small frown on her face.

Nadia didn't keep her gaze off of the screen of her second-hand laptop that is decorated with worn out stickers from her favorite TV shows.

"NADI!" Her best friend exclaimed sounding annoyed from being ignored by a certain strawberry blonde girl.

A sigh escaped Nadia's mouth. She looked at Mei whose face was as red as her eyes, "You know I can't stay, and I can't keep relying on you. You're gonna end up broke." Nadia said before averting her attention back to her laptop's screen.

"I'm not broke, but you are! You can't rent a place without money."

Nadia's eyes widened at the realization, and at the sad truth in her friend's words. "That reminds me. Can I borrow some money? I'll pay you back when I get a job." She said, not bothering to look up at her chocolate brown haired friend.

Mei 'tsked', and shook her head in disbelief, "Fine. Put that in the list of things you have to pay me back for." She said as she gave in to the girl's request, before walking out of the room.

"Thanks.." She mumbled to her friend who already left the room.

Nadia stayed that way for a good hour, until she grew irritated at the lack of cheap rents on the website. She's been to five websites, and she was on the verge of giving up. 'I'm probably better off as a bum, now that I think about it.' She thought, actually giving slight consideration to the ridiculous idea.

Just as her mouse made its way towards the close button, her eyes landed on a deal that looked to good to be true, almost like it was just there to mess with her. She clicked on it faster than she's ever clicked on anything in her life before. She immediately dialed the number of the person on her phone, and it rang. 'It's not a lie!' She thought with a grin on her lips.

"Hello?" It was a man's voice on the other side of the phone.

"Hello, mister. I'm calling about the rental at Sunrise Residences." She said with a hope in her voice that no one beat her to it.

"Oh, wonderful! Are you interested?"

"Yes, I am! Um... about the price, is it really that low or was that a mistake? It looks too good to be true."

The man chuckled on the other side of the phone, "There's no mistake, miss."

Her brown eyes sparkled as if someone had placed that stars themselves in them, "I'll take it! When's the soonest I can move in?" She asked enthusiastically.

"Tomorrow."

"Got it! Thank you, sir..." She trailed off at the realization she didn't get the man's name.

"Ukyo. Ukyo Asahina."

"Thank you, Mr. Asahina. I'm Nadia Alistair. I'll be there by tomorrow, I promise!"

As soon as the man hung up, she practically jumped up and down in enthusiasm. Mei entered her room with a confused look on her face. Nadia stopped, and showed her a toothy grin. "I FOUND A PLACE TO MOVE IN TO, MEI!" She screamed, and she was now a hundred percent certain that the Land Lady doesn't have plans on giving her a second chance.

Mei jumped with her best friend in joy, she smiled widely at her, but turned into a tiny frown. "I'm gonna miss having you around, Nadia." She muttered.

Nadia laughed, and ruffled her best friend's hair. "I'm not going to live too far from you, y'know? I'm just a few bus rides away." She said with a small smile in attempt to lighten up her mood. "I should probably pack up, I told him I'd be moving in by tomorrow..."

"So soon?" Mei knitted her eyebrows, and a her frown turned into a pout.

"The sooner I leave, the sooner I can settle in, and who knows? Maybe there are artists looking for a music producer in their city?"

Mei nodded her head in understanding. She gave her a small smile, before she exited the room, leaving the girl to pack up on her own, and Nadia watched her figure retreat.

Nadia took out her old luggage that she's had since she moved out, or rather kicked out of her family home. She also pulled out three black cases for her piano, electric guitar, and acoustic guitar. Only then did she realize she might have a hard time bringing all of her stuff, but shrugged it off immediately deciding it would be a problem she'd solve tomorrow. Being the lazy person she was, she just took all of her clothes, and tossed them messily into her luggage, before zipping them shut.

She dusted off her hands, and a proud smile tugged at the corner of her lips. "I'm all set, and ready to go!"