03

____________________

// Chapter 3: //
Wataru
____________________

Ukyo's POV

I showed myself out of Nadia's room, and made my way to the supply closet in the 4th floor of the Mansion. I wasn't quite sure what design she preferred on her bedsheets so I just settled  for a basic purple colored one. It also came to mind her pillows were uncovered, and I went ahead to get a pair of plain white pillow covers.

"Ukyo-nii, where are you going with those?" I turned around to face Wataru, who looked up at me with his curious wide brown eyes.

"I'm going to give it to the girl who moved in downstairs." I answered simply, his eyes sparkled, and a smile crept on to his face.

"Can I come, Ukyo-nii?!" He practically screamed, as he glued his hands together.

"Alright, carry these for me." I nodded my head, and handed him the pillow covers.

He complied as he took them from my arms. We went on our way to Nadia's room to see her doors were left unlocked, I knocked on the door lightly before peeking through to see her small figure peacefully sleeping on the uncovered mattress. 'She must be really tired after all that lifting she did.' I thought to myself.

Wataru moved closer to her before I could grab him. I watched as he stared at her, and looked at her in curiosity. "She's asleep, nii-chan." He said with a small pout.

"Come on, Wataru. Let's leave her be, she's tired." I gestured for him to come near me, as I placed the bedsheets on the side of her bed, before taking the pillow covers from Wataru, and putting it above the bedsheets.

We exited her room, and quietly closed the doors behind us. Wataru took my hand in his small ones, and I led him to the elevator, and we made our way to the penthouse. I brought myself to the living room, and sat down on the wide couch with Wataru. He looked at me with a smile, "Do you think she'll like me, Ukyo-nii?" He asked, poking his index fingers together.

I nodded my head at him, and laid my head back. "I'm sure of it." I said in reassurance, he nodded his head at me his smile turned into a grin.

I slowly drifted to sleep, as tiredness took over my whole body. My shut themselves, and I found myself in a dark place.

* Dreaming *

A girl stood in front of me, she had brown hair, and brown eyes to match them. "Ema." I said, as I stared at the girl.

"Ukyo-nii... I... love..." She moved towards me, and I couldn't find it in myself to move.

"I... love..." She repeated until her face was merely a few inches from mine.

Her face suddenly disappeared, and a white haired boy replaced her figure. He had a look of anger on his face, "UKYO-NII!" He yelled.

* End of Dream *

My head shot up, and I was greeted by an angry Tsubaki. I knitted my eyebrows, and looked at him in confusion, "What is it?" I asked as I stared into his violet eyes. Azusa stood behind him with an apologetic look on his face.

"I got home from work to find a girl asleep in my spare room!" He exclaimed with an annoyed look on his face, as he crossed his arms childishly.

"You don't even use that room. That's where you keep all the stupid cardboard cutouts of yourself." I countered, and got up from the couch before straightening myself up.

"Not myself! Those are cardboard cutouts of the characters I portrayed." He argued in a tone that suggested otherwise.

I hummed, and sneaked a glance over to the black haired boy behind him who watched the whole thing and shrugged at his twin. I checked for the time, and realised I've been asleep for almost two hours. "If you want to argue some more, I'll be in the kitchen." I said, and excused myself from the living room.

"Shh... Tsubaki-nii. Don't start an argument you can't win! This is Ukyo-nii we're talking about here." I heard Azusa scolding Tsubaki, and no doubt pulling him away.

A smirk tugged at the corner of my lips, and I shook my head in amusement before entering the Kitchen to prepare some food for dinner. I put on my apron, and took out all the utensils and pans I'll be using for the food. 'I bet she's hungry, I should probably cook for an extra head.' I thought to myself, and agreed with the idea.

Whilst cooking I decided someone should go check up on Nadia to see if she's awaken from her slumber. Since none of them know of her existence yet, I called for the only person who does. "Wataru!" I called for him as he played in the living room.

He entered the Kitchen with a questioning look, as he looked at me with his brown eyes. "Do you mind checking on--" I didn't get to continue as Wataru exclaimed a loud 'YES!' and rushed out of the Kitchen. I shook my head in amusement, before returning my attention to the task at hand.